Stocking a 60L

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The only figure that's really on there is 74.8mg/l calcium
UK water companies often use the unit mg/l calcium. That unit isn't used in fishkeeping so we need to convert it.
74.8 mg/l calcium = 10.4 dH and 187 ppm.

Hi all just wanted peoples opinion on stocking, would you say the following fish in a 60 litre tank (long) is ok?
2 x Female Common Molly
3 x Male Platy
4 x Male Guppy
1 x Honey Gourami

I started with the 2 Mollys after my tank cycled, then shortly after introduced 3 Platys, realised the 2 species were so similar and wished I'd have just gone with all Platys due to their smaller size. I definitely want the Honey Gourami and the Guppys.
I'm thinking if I could get somebody to take the 2 Molly's off me that would leave space for 2 more Platys therefore reducing the total length of fish.
Thought would be helpful as I dont really know anybody to ask.
60 liters is 15 gallons, so I would say. For the record, I would say no to the guppies, mollys and platys because they are live bearers. Meaning if you have a male and female, you are going to have babies. Guppies are like rabbits LOL

Hi all just wanted peoples opinion on stocking, would you say the following fish in a 60 litre tank (long) is ok?
2 x Female Common Molly
3 x Male Platy
4 x Male Guppy
1 x Honey Gourami

I started with the 2 Mollys after my tank cycled, then shortly after introduced 3 Platys, realised the 2 species were so similar and wished I'd have just gone with all Platys due to their smaller size. I definitely want the Honey Gourami and the Guppys.
I'm thinking if I could get somebody to take the 2 Molly's off me that would leave space for 2 more Platys therefore reducing the total length of fish.
Thought would be helpful as I dont really know anybody to ask.
Watch the gourami lest it nip away at your other fish! Ih he becomes aggressive put a mirror in front of where the other fish hang out

Watch the gourami lest it nip away at your other fish! Ih he becomes aggressive put a mirror in front of where the other fish hang out
Are you meaning the honey gourami? Have you had aggression from honeys?

I agree, I kept honey gouramis for years and they never nipped any other fish in the tank. The male gouramis did nip the female gouramis' tails when they wanted to breed but that's all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back