FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

D34DLY

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I'm not new to the scene of fish keeping, but this is by far the largest design I've done. So due to a lack of knowledge in fish species, I need some help with what to choose!
smile.png

I currently have a tank which is:
  • 222 litres (58.6 US Gallons)
It's filter is the:
  • Tetratec EX1200 Filter (currently cycling)
Another thing to note is I do have high lighting, so the tank will be heavily planted and most likely CO2 injected in the future.

My water quality is as follows:

temp.png
 ​
Could some of you helpful people perhaps suggest some fish?

Thank you!
smile.png

From how far away will you mostly be viewing the tank? What's your favourite colour? Any fish you've seen you particularly like?

The tank will be viewed from perhaps only 1 metre away (in my bedroom).

I don't really have a favour colour (strange - I know!), but I am leaning towards some schooling fish and one or two different fish. (i.e 15 Neon Tetras + 1 Pearl Gourami + 1 BN Pleco) Just for an example.

If I do have a school, I'd like it to be large (15+). 

I have been interested in just having perhaps two large schools of fish. But then I feel the tank will lack "personality", as I believe schooling fish do not act independently, nor can they be picked out from everyone else!

Yes, I've tried two schools and it didn't really work; one looks way better :)

If you like neons, maybe cardinals would be a good choice; they're slightly more tolerant of harder water than neons (as long as they're not wild caught ones) and seem to be healthier, generally. Or dwarf neon rainbows, or harlequin rasboras, lots of choices there!

Ooh, how about a really big shoal of one of the micro fish? Imagine 30 or so ember tetras or chili rasboras against the green plants; that could look awesome! I don't keep gouramis, but the pearls are lovely and not usually aggressive, especially not as singles.

BNs are great fish, they'll go almost anywhere :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back