stocking a 29 gallon with EBA

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

phildo5

Reaction score
hello, one of my tanks is cycled and would love to have a Electric blue acara tank. i want at least 1 EBA and a schooling fish.. a gentleman here recommended lemon tetra. would a pair EBA fit in the 29 gallon tank? also, worth noting, i may have to rehome 2 of my 4 Bolivian rams to this tank, as they mature there's one displaying dominant aggressive traits. i really want an EBA so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. if not my second option involves angelfish.

just a standard HOB filter with a 40-60 gallon rated sponge filter.

btw, did i mention i really want an EBA? please help.

hello, one of my tanks is cycled and would love to have a Electric blue acara tank. i want at least 1 EBA and a schooling fish.. a gentleman here recommended lemon tetra. would a pair EBA fit in the 29 gallon tank? also, worth noting, i may have to rehome 2 of my 4 Bolivian rams to this tank, as they mature there's one displaying dominant aggressive traits. i really want an EBA so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. if not my second option involves angelfish.

just a standard HOB filter with a 40-60 gallon rated sponge filter.

btw, did i mention i really want an EBA? please help.
Hi! EBAs are sooooo fun, I have one in my 55 gallon tank! I think 29 gallons would be too small for 2 EBA, 2 GBR, AND a school of tetras, for that you would probably want more like a 55.

In a 29 gallon, I would say you could have a pair of EBA but no schooling fish.

If it helps, in my 55 gallon I have
1 EBA
12 Bloodfin tetras
a pleco
and a large school of cories

and I feel like I could add another EBA if I wanted and be just right stocking wise

I am not sure on the compatibility of the GBR with EBA. I do not know much about rams

Or 1 EBA and a school of something, like 8 bloodfin tetras. (in a 29 gallon)

thank you olivefish05! and yes im memorized by them. such incredible looking species of fish

thank you olivefish05! and yes im memorized by them. such incredible looking species of fish
Yeah! I adore them. The way mine’s fins move is absolutely stunning, shimmery almost. They are lovely fish!!! I have never had a pair, but I think the behaviors they would display, interacting with eachother and all, would be absolutely incredible!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back