Stocking a 15gal tank. Your thoughts?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DaKoolAidMan

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im planning on aquascaping my first 15gal tank and was wondering what fish i could keep together. So far i was using Aqadviser to determine what fits and what doesnt but i know u shouldnt 100% trust these tools. I was wondering if u could take a look at what i got and tell me what you guys think?

my setup so far:

1x Dwarf gourami, 10x cherry shrimp, 5 panda corys, 15 galaxy rasboras

Seems a little much now that i look at it but Aqadviser says im only at 79% capacity so idk

Im also not rly sure about the corys so if anyone has any better bottom dwelling fish i would like to hear all about them ;)
Edit: My tank 60x30x30 in cm if that helps with the bottom dwellers.
Thanks for any response!

Hi everyone. Im planning on aquascaping my first 15gal tank and was wondering what fish i could keep together. So far i was using Aqadviser to determine what fits and what doesnt but i know u shouldnt 100% trust these tools. I was wondering if u could take a look at what i got and tell me what you guys think?

my setup so far:

1x Dwarf gourami, 10x cherry shrimp, 5 panda corys, 15 galaxy rasboras

Seems a little much now that i look at it but Aqadviser says im only at 79% capacity so idk

Im also not rly sure about the corys so if anyone has any better bottom dwelling fish i would like to hear all about them ;)
Edit: My tank 60x30x30 in cm if that helps with the bottom dwellers.
Thanks for any response!
I know of a good bottom to mid dwelling fish... But, it comes at a cost... You couldnt have the dwarf gourami... And also, two reasons I stay away from dwarf gourami... First reason is, is that they literally have a disease that only they get and it is incurable. Virtually all of them have it and the only way they wont have it, is if they are locally bred. Second reason is that I have heard of stories where the gourami kills everything overnight... Those shrimp are just going to be an expensive snack, unless you provide a TON of cover.

I know of a good bottom to mid dwelling fish... But, it comes at a cost... You couldnt have the dwarf gourami... And also, two reasons I stay away from dwarf gourami... First reason is, is that they literally have a disease that only they get and it is incurable. Virtually all of them have it and the only way they wont have it, is if they are locally bred. Second reason is that I have heard of stories where the gourami kills everything overnight... Those shrimp are just going to be an expensive snack, unless you provide a TON of cover.
Damn didnt know gouramis were such killers. Someone in another thread suggested i change the gourami for a pair of clown killies. Those also sound nice. What is the bottom dweller u were talking about? Would love to hear it.

Damn didnt know gouramis were such killers. Someone in another thread suggested i change the gourami for a pair of clown killies. Those also sound nice. What is the bottom dweller u were talking about? Would love to hear it.
Yea, some "peaceful" species are sometimes labeled that because at times they are. Like bettas... Ive heard of some that wouldnt hurt a thing and others that murders anything that moves. I have never actually seen a clown Killifish before... Ive heard of them. If I have seen them I must've forgotten. The bottom dweller I mentioned is called a peacock gudgeon ir also known as the peacock Goby. They are actually not a Goby but people sometimes call them that. They have so many colors on them they shouldnt be named peacock gudgeons they need to be named rainbow gudgeons. They are relatively small, growing to be about 2-1/2inches for females and 3 inches for males. One thing I like is that they are not territorial and get along with any small and peaceful fish. Even larger peaceful fish. But best of all, unlike other species where the females usually have almost no coloration... The females in this species do show color, not as prominent as the males but you do get blues and yellows, sometimes red with them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back