Stocking 480 gallon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Tj203

Reaction score
So Iā€™m looking to do a Cichlid tank itā€™s 96 x 48 x 24 total volume of water will be about 520 Iā€™m looking at about 40 cichlids somewhere bigger summer smaller but I figured if I average 8 inches one fully grown how many more will I be able to put in. I will have a 80 gallon sump with a plant refug and I will also be building a very big denitrification filter I wanna curb aggression more then worry about The bio load nothing is set up for automated water changes I have to do is turn to valves and Iā€™ll be doing a water change

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I'm assuming the numbers are in inches and the tank will be 8 foot long x 4 foot wide x 2 foot high, or is it 8ft long x 2ft wide x 4ft high?

-------------------------
What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

-------------------------
What cichlids do you like?
Go to the local pet shop and make a list of fishes that you like. Then post it here along with the GH, KH and pH and we can make suggestions from that.

Most reactions

trending

Back