FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jake.3030

Reaction score
Hey all, I currently have a 20g tank with some corys and neon tetras and just bought a 30 gallon for $10 on Craigslist (how could I not lol). Have some Cory eggs and planning to put the babies in the 30 when they are big enough, looking to turn it into a peaceful community tank (or something that won’t kill my Cory’s) anybody have any suggestions?

Welcome to TFF. :hi:

The first thing most of us on TFF ask for when members post the question you have is, what are your source water parameters (this refers to GH, KH and pH, but the GH and pH are the important params)?

The second question we ask, together usually, is, what are the tank dimensions. Length and width can be more important that actual volume depending upon the fish species.

Well hello again lol. Ph is about 7.4, tank dimensions are roughly length-30in width-17.5in and 12in depth. Gh/kh are nowhere to be found on my city’s website, but, I do know we have hard water. Hope this helps.

Well hello again lol. Ph is about 7.4, tank dimensions are roughly length-30in width-17.5in and 12in depth. Gh/kh are nowhere to be found on my city’s website, but, I do know we have hard water. Hope this helps.

As an aquarist I would want to know the exact GH, so if you have a reliable fish store nearby take a sample of your tap water on its own in and ask them to test the GH. Be sure to write down the number and their unit of measure (degrees, ppm, mg/l, whatever). Or call the water authority and ask about the GH, again making sure you get both the number and their measuring unit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back