Stockcheck!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cromid

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So I had to remove my Betta from my community tank as she started to get more and more aggressive recently. Fine for over 6 months but the past couple weeks she's changed. Saw her attack a few shrimp in quick succession and that was her out.
She's now in her own 25l tank and I think will be better suited there.

So my 60l long is now stocked with:
8 harlequin rasbora
6 peppered cories
6 amano shrimp
2 nerite snails

Is there room for anything else in my tank? I have 10 cherry shrimp I could add since they're tiny. Or potentially another centrepiece fish/couple. Or best to just leave as is

Thanks

Thanks!

I would tend to leave it as is. Having said that, a group of nano fish like one of the dwarf rasbora (Boraras brigittae, etc) could work, depending upon the GH as they are more sensitive to parameters.

Your betta experience is true to form for the fish. :fish:

I would tend to leave it as is. Having said that, a group of nano fish like one of the dwarf rasbora (Boraras brigittae, etc) could work, depending upon the GH as they are more sensitive to parameters.

Your betta experience is true to form for the fish. :fish:
Thanks Byron! Il have a think about what to do. I like the idea of the dwarf rasbora. They're tiny just like the cherry shrimp so maybe don't add too much to the bioload like cherries but I definitely don't want to feel like I'm overstocking.
Il probably do one or the other.

Any recommendation on numbers to stock if I were to choose one or the other?

Thanks Byron! Il have a think about what to do. I like the idea of the dwarf rasbora. They're tiny just like the cherry shrimp so maybe don't add too much to the bioload like cherries but I definitely don't want to feel like I'm overstocking.
Il probably do one or the other.

Any recommendation on numbers to stock if I were to choose one or the other?

If you add a dwarf rasbora (one of the Boraras species), a group of 10-12. These fish, like most nano species, need a decent number. The shrimp I have no idea about. Confirm you GH first, nano fish are more sensitive to this.

Don't expect any baby shrimps though. The eggs hatch to a larval stage which needs brackish water and microscopic plankto to feed on.

Ah yeah, I went to research them and had read that and how they are incredibly difficult to breed! So nevermind haha!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back