Stock ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hybrid fish are not approved of in the hobby, I'm afraid. If they did breed and manage to produce offspring you would have to tell any purchaser that they were hybrids.

Since Texas cichlids and convicts can breed together, I just wanted to warn you if you ended up with so many fry you couldn't cope with them all that you'd need to tell anyone who took some of them.

Allowing fish to breed in your own tank is fine, as is keeping them for yourself. It's selling/giving them away where you need to let the new owner know they are hybrids - they might want them for their own breeding programme, for example, and using hybrids would wreck that programme.

I have a 75 gallon tank

1 Texas cichlid
4 OB peacock African cichlids
1 yellow lab cichlid
1 female convict
1 white cichlid
1 German blue and yellow cichlid
1 strawberry sunburst cichlid
1 pleco

so far so good. Is that too much ? Not enough ?
I have a 125G with around 25 peacocks in it, and they are doing great. I had a male yellow lab in there when they were about 2-3" and he went after the peacocks constantly, the peacocks were barley coloring up. Gave the yellow lab away and the tank is peacefull and the males are getting color.

Since Texas cichlids and convicts can breed together, I just wanted to warn you if you ended up with so many fry you couldn't cope with them all that you'd need to tell anyone who took some of them.

Allowing fish to breed in your own tank is fine, as is keeping them for yourself. It's selling/giving them away where you need to let the new owner know they are hybrids - they might want them for their own breeding programme, for example, and using hybrids would wreck that programme.
Yellow lab will breed with peacocks also

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back