Stock suggestions

Trigonostigma espei for the Rasbora. Not sure on the Tetra there are a few I/ my son likes, lemon, black neon, rummynose, any you think would cope better out of these?
Ordered some TNC lite, will be here tomorrow so will start on that straight away.

Trigonostigma espei for the Rasbora. Not sure on the Tetra there are a few I/ my son likes, lemon, black neon, rummynose, any you think would cope better out of these?
Ordered some TNC lite, will be here tomorrow so will start on that straight away.

Right. With your very soft water, and given the tank is 90cm length, rummynose would be a good tetra, but preferable to wait until the tank establishes. Same holds for the T. espei, but also the light issue. Neither of these fish like overhead light, so the floating plants spreading out will benefit them when they are added.

The Lemon Tetra also likes shade (there really is no tetra that doesn't, but some are more affected than others) but it could be the first in here, and now. A group of 10-12, added together. The plants are growing (I think this was said somewhere) and the Frogbit will grab the ammonia from the Lemons in no time. [I am assuming there was no artificial ammonia used here.]

The Black Neons next, also 10-11. But you might want to hold off on these in case something else catches your eye. The rummynose need 12, no fewer in this tank. The rasbora 9-10. You have sand, so cories would be ideal, 15 would be a good number, or a couple more. One species, but they get along and for variety you can mix most of them with no problem, but try to have 4-5 of each species selected.

Edit. Re the cories, avoid the "dwarf" species if mixing in with the larger ones, not that they are aggressive or anything but the pygmy cories tend to disappear in with larger species.

Last edited:
Ok thanks very much for your detailed response @Byron, will look at getting some lemon Tetra in a couple of days to get me started.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back