Stock for 29 gallon?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Dimensions are 30” by 12” by 18” (L,D, H)

I have 10 cories (might get 2 more)

PH: 7
GH 160 ppm (9 DKH)
KH: 0
Temp:75-78 for cories.

I was thinking of either getting:

Kribensis Cichlids (I cant tell if they are bottom or mid dwellers
Emperor tetra
Black neon

I was also told that some smaller type of African cichlids can work, but I’m not sure if it would with the cories. Let me know if anyone has anything else, just looking to fill the mid/top layer

Dimensions are 30” by 12” by 18” (L,D, H)

I have 10 cories (might get 2 more)

PH: 7
GH 160 ppm (9 DKH)
KH: 0
Temp:75-78 for cories.

I was thinking of either getting:

Kribensis Cichlids (I cant tell if they are bottom or mid dwellers
Emperor tetra
Black neon

I was also told that some smaller type of African cichlids can work, but I’m not sure if it would with the cories. Let me know if anyone has anything else, just looking to fill the mid/top layer
Not all of them together (maybe black neon and emperors only)

Kribs are bottom dwellers. I don't think you could do cichlids with that many corydoras. Could do gourami and hatchetfish.

I wouldn't keep gouramis with emperor tetras simply because the tetras are too active for sedate fish like gouramis. Black neons would be the better option.

You could look at smaller more peaceful cichlids for the bottom. Laetacaras could be a good option here Curviceps or Laetacara are both pretty peaceful and wouldnt be a threat to your Cories. Though there are always exceptions to the rule.

I'd probably choose the black neons to go with them in a nice big school.

Wills

You could look at smaller more peaceful cichlids for the bottom. Laetacaras could be a good option here Curviceps or Laetacara are both pretty peaceful and wouldnt be a threat to your Cories. Though there are always exceptions to the rule.

I'd probably choose the black neons to go with them in a nice big school.

Wills
Are emperors tetras not schooling fish?

Also I do not think I have seen those in a while but I can take a look

They are but they grow larger than the black neons and I dont think the bigger tetras would look as good against the little Acaras.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back