Stinky dog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Great Lakes

Always do right, not popular...
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a dog that insists on rolling in the stinkiest thing it can find? I can give him a bath, and the next day...yuck.

No dog but I do have a white cat that has been known to lay in motor oil. Takes a stinkin 4 hrs of bathing him to get it all out. Darn cat. Thats why he's a indoor cat now. Rose

Well my two Retreviers are quite light and every walk I take them they end up totally black. Plus here in Sunny Scotland they are out the back garden a lot and end up black. So no there not into lying in oil but yes they love the dirt ;)

My dog is a black lab. So he doesn't ever really look dirty.
But he sure smells it sometimes. I think he gets into my half acre swamp sometimes too, since he is a water loving lab.
Wife and I have been discussing a Saint Bernard puppy. I will have to buy stock in a dog food company! :)

Saw the topic and thought you were talking making rude comments about adeyc.

I have a springer and a lab and neither do that habit although the black lab is rather partial to umm... lets say natural sausages :eek: :but: :eek:

I have two dogs and they are 'orrible!!(in the nicest sense of course) As most of you will know, the older one- a Heinz 57
was quite poorly recently. She loves nothing better to go out into the fields and eat cow pats. (poo) Disgusting :=) Not only that she loves to roll in the farmers yard. I guess it's the smells. Our other dog is a young, white and black border collie. Well with her long fur she picks up everything. Talk about dog breath. Ever gone past a tip on a hot day-that is what their breath smell like Uck! :laugh: Now they have a garden shower nearly every week and because they are house dogs and pets they get totally spoiled. I just wish when they go for their "walkies" they aren't so disgusting. I understand the doggie psychology behind what they do and why they do it. I can't say I agree. Is that because we are civilised!! I wonder not too many years ago we would smear ourselves with "various stuff". Are we so different? :laugh: :laugh:

P.S. to the above.
Are we so different to the dogs we complain about? Purfumes After shaves, anti persp. and other "smellies". We smother ourselves in it. Dogs may think we smell bloomin' awlful and who can blame them!!! :laugh:

Dragon, remind me never to let your dog lick my face.
Since it is on topic, my dogs worst habit is licking. He wakes up every morning and lays at the foot of our bed and,..um.....well, slurps himself. Most annoying thing to wake up and hear, I'm telling ya! Took him to the vet and relieved him of his family jewels so to speak, but he finds the empty purse just as amusing. :laugh:

Dave I had a good laugh at your story there.

Just be glad your not sitting nect to my youngest dog, she got an upset tummy and is "annoying" Rotten :0 :eek: :(

Why do dogs and cats lick themselves?..I suppose the short answer is because they can. :laugh: :laugh: Would we find it useful? I know folks this is gutter level talk now. Sorry :blush: ,BUT WOULD WE?????

You could have found a better post for post number "200" lol!!

:p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back