Stingrays

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cichlidmaster

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
OK,
I have decide to step into something I know NOTHING about...Stingrays :D  :D  :D

Been doing some reading on them and BOY is there alot of differing opinions on how to keep the little buggers.

I have a direct source from Columbia to get them so there is no problem there.

Any info from anyone who may have kept them would be appreciated.

Their going in one of the 120 gallon tanks soon to be up and running so tank space is all set. I do know they require very clean water with no ammonia, nitrites and little to no nitrates.

opinions differ widely on whether or not a substrate should be used. Think I will use a sand base in this tank.

Updates to be posted.

STOP!!! dont do anything just yet as like Discus these fish need a very mature tank!!

They will need feeding on Shrimp and meaty fish type foods and dont for gods sake put any Pleco's in there as they will suck on the Rays and cause real problems with infections.

A good filter is also required, get the largest external or a Fluidized Bed Filter as finances allow :what:

I was going to keep these a while back (see previous posts on Rays) but decided against it for the moment :look:

Good luck m8 ;)

Thanks for the info Pete,
Not a problem with a mature tank. Will be placing numerous aged sponge filters in the tank until the permenant filters are going strong.

It will NOT be on the system my other tanks are on. This is going to be a show tank in our livingroom.

This is to be a dedicated tank for the rays ONLY. No other fish in it.

COOL!!!!! sounds good mate i'll get some info for ya :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back