Still Trying To Decide On What Fish To Get.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
Ok I have posted before what I'm going to stock my 55Gal with.

1 Blue acara (must have)
8 red eye tetras
5 pepper cory cats
1 rubber nose

AND I want one more cichlid but what to get???

I was thinking Firemouths or should I go with Bolivian Ram. I would LOVE to get my hands on a Smiling Acara aka Laetacara curviceps - Dwarf Flag Cichlid But they seem rare over here. I was doing a cichlid search and found one called Archocentrus nanoluteus aka yellow dwarf So cute. Then I was thinking Rainbow cichlid. Or the everyday Angle fish.

I don't know someone help me. What would go well in that tank.

You need to be getting corys that can tolerate higher temps
Sterbais are good corys for higher temp tanks and can tolerate the temp better than many others (upto 27 degrees)

peppereds aren't happy over the 24 degree mark

I like the Severus they seem like cool fish but do they dig too much for live plants? And in a tank they get 8" but can get to be 12". Humm so if I get a big one my husband will have to let me get a bigger tank ;) but a 55 should be ok right?

I wouldn't even go there. But there is still room for a few more fish. What about torpedo barbs or gold barbs to balance off the blues and grays? Or are you sticking to the biotope idea?

I'm sticking to south America fish or centeral.I have been doing more research on the severum and I don't think it will work for this tank at all.

I was looking at the Festivum They are a very different looking cichlid. Now i'm thinking since the Acara is all i really want I going to get 6 young ones and hope I get a pair to keep. Then see what happens. Because a mated pair would be so cute to watch not much fighting just love.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back