Still seeing new things

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Peeped into the community this afternoon and spotted the little sterbai grazing off the skin of the BN. The BN seemed completely unfazed but let the sterbai know when it was irritated. It went on for about 10 minutes and he was happily swimming between the spikes and cleaning them too.

20200118_184526.jpg

Eating the slime coat off fish often results in sores that can easily easily become infected. So this may seem cute, but not so much.

I did wonder about that. Never seen it before and not something I would expect of a cory. Also made me wonder if its a sign that the BN is approaching the end of the road. I have had him since 2004 and most of his life has been in tap water that had nitrates at 50ppm and was very hard. He's gone back to his log now and there are no fish near him :dunno:

I doubt the little cory could damage the slime coat of that pleco.

Nice size bristlenose!

I did wonder about that. Never seen it before and not something I would expect of a cory. Also made me wonder if its a sign that the BN is approaching the end of the road. I have had him since 2004 and most of his life has been in tap water that had nitrates at 50ppm and was very hard. He's gone back to his log now and there are no fish near him :dunno:
That is a long time, I had one that lasted a little over 9 years

Not quite so laid back. Last night at feeding time he was like a bull in a china shop. Have to re-plant all the swords today and all the rock has been re-located.

I did some minor gardening yesterday and moved a few plants and the coconut shells. Clearly he did not approve of the changes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back