Still here & still up & running

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jonny-5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So a month or 2 on from introducing the new batch of Corys, All seems well. Although the Guppy population is increasing slowly(Again).
It does seem that the Corys are keeping it under control though. However i have spotted some Cory eggs on the glass but was not quick enough to save them 😕

Attachments

• 20210801_212000.jpg
    20210801_212000.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210714_191800.jpg
    20210714_191800.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210731_231438.jpg
    20210731_231438.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 30
Now upgraded my lighting in my 30G. I Bought a Nicrew Classic LED G2. Wow what a difference its made. After 2 days my Elodea has new roots & has started spouting out everywhere. The other tanks lighting is fine but my 30G has always been a problem with growing.
Next step is too ditch the silk artificial plants & buy more live plants to provide a more natural enviroment

I recommend Java fern it goes well with what you got going on, also this is just me but I wouldn’t mix corydoras

I dont mix Corys, I keep a good school of the same species. If you are refering to my Bronze & Albino they are both the same species, Corydora Aeneus

I have Java in the other tanks. I usually have Dwarf Water lettuce in this tank but after a total bacterial wipeout of the tank & the lack of light from the old LEDs they were killed off. The hood was butchered with some cheap LEDs that were small, but i wanted to see how well they worked before changing them

Funny you should mention the Anubias, I am just checking the stock level at my LFS. Gonna go down there anyway to have a look what they have & pick up a few more Nerites

Ive kept Anubias for years & years & never had any algae on leaves but saying that together with Bronze Corys (although they are not great algae eaters) & Nerites they do a great job of keeping things clean

The Nerites clean off all algae on the leaves but wont ever touch the plants themselves, Even when hungry.
The Nerites keep all plants spotless & are great for cleaning up rusty algae(Diatoms).

Once a week i sprinkle a tiny amount of Spirulina powder to keep the Nerites happy. I do this while the other fish are on the live food feed just so the fish dont eat the powder & it gets blown around the tank for the Nerites

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back