Sticky glue on Prime measuring cap

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello!
I use Seachem Prime and there seemed to be some kind of glue on the inner seal so it got stuck onto the inside of the cap and left a sticky residue. I washed the cap thoroughly under cold and hot water and I managed to get most of it off but not all of it. I use the cap as a measuring tool so I put 1 ml of Prime into my tank but I'm now more aware that the residue might have mixed with the Prime and got into my tank. Will my fish be fine?
Thanks.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you rinsed the cap well beforehand I don't think the residue would come off in a significant amount into the solution that you added to the tank. But I would try to remove what's left with some alcohol or vinegar (and rinse and let dry) before using the cap again.

An alternative is to buy a 1ml syringe or pipette and use that to measure the dose.

An alternative is to buy a 1ml syringe or pipette and use that to measure the dose.
It's also worth considering if Seachem would really use a fish toxic glue on their caps. ;)
I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you rinsed the cap well beforehand I don't think the residue would come off in a significant amount into the solution that you added to the tank. But I would try to remove what's left with some alcohol or vinegar (and rinse and let dry) before using the cap again.

Thank you everyone for the replies! :thumbs:
I will try to remove as much as possible before the next water change. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back