Sticky glue on Prime measuring cap

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello!
I use Seachem Prime and there seemed to be some kind of glue on the inner seal so it got stuck onto the inside of the cap and left a sticky residue. I washed the cap thoroughly under cold and hot water and I managed to get most of it off but not all of it. I use the cap as a measuring tool so I put 1 ml of Prime into my tank but I'm now more aware that the residue might have mixed with the Prime and got into my tank. Will my fish be fine?
Thanks.

coriesinhawaii

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you rinsed the cap well beforehand I don't think the residue would come off in a significant amount into the solution that you added to the tank. But I would try to remove what's left with some alcohol or vinegar (and rinse and let dry) before using the cap again.

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
An alternative is to buy a 1ml syringe or pipette and use that to measure the dose.

OP
OP
P&BtheBetta

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
An alternative is to buy a 1ml syringe or pipette and use that to measure the dose.
It's also worth considering if Seachem would really use a fish toxic glue on their caps. ;)
I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If you rinsed the cap well beforehand I don't think the residue would come off in a significant amount into the solution that you added to the tank. But I would try to remove what's left with some alcohol or vinegar (and rinse and let dry) before using the cap again.

Thank you everyone for the replies! :thumbs:
I will try to remove as much as possible before the next water change. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online