Step By Step Guide - Riccia And Java Moss

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Cool, cheers guys. sorry,i know i kind of vanished work has taken off big time and i cant get online during the day anymore.

ill be on and off every now and then, ive still got my 100G planted tank, i'll upload a current picture on the journal when i get a chance.

As to the wedding its on the 25th July so not long now and im right in the thick of the whirlwind of arrangements as we speak. cant wait though :)

Wow! Congrats on the wedding. And hope you are having a good birthday too :)

thanks. oh yeah its my birthday...i forgot lol. Cheers :beer: :cake: :-

Geez! Great to see you again! Looking forward to seeing updated pics of that 100g monster. How old is it now?

Congratulations on the impending nuptuals and happy B-day!

llj

hi, i know that this is an old thread, but i would like to have a go at the riccia carpet, but i don't know if my lighting is too low. i have 1.25 wpg from 2 t8's, and i don't use any co2, but i dose 4ml tpn+ daily. the tank is 4ft, and holds 216l. do you think i could grow the riccia?

cheers

hi, i know that this is an old thread, but i would like to have a go at the riccia carpet, but i don't know if my lighting is too low. i have 1.25 wpg from 2 t8's, and i don't use any co2, but i dose 4ml tpn+ daily. the tank is 4ft, and holds 216l. do you think i could grow the riccia?

cheers
Yes you could, Riccia is not a high light plant, it is a low light plant, it loves good fertilisation and flow.

really! i thought that it was a high light plant. great, i don't have that much flow in my tank, but i have been thinking about getting a koralia, or similar, to improve the flow. i'm guessing that it won't grow as well or pearl without co2? but i'm not going to use any co2 or liquid carbon.

Wow, finally I am done reading this thread. LOL! Very nice, I will be attempting this soon. I ordered a 2" by 2" piece of Java Moss from ebay. I think I will just let it grow a little bigger in the tank and then divide it up and plant it on some slate when it gets a little bigger.

Bumped for research purposes!

you know you can access this in PARC. Scroll down to the subheading "Aspects of Aquascaping" or simply "subscribe" to that topic. It is a forum function here. Or hit, "watch this topic".

llj :good:

must be one of the most veiwed threads on the forum!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back