Steel blue killifish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
4 days ago I bought a trio of Steel blue killifish from Maidenhead Aquatics and at a bargain price of only £3.50 each
they are spawning well, i now have a total 22 eggs from them.
IMG_7351 (640x511).jpg

Steel blue male

Nice looking fish too. It is always a thrill when they hatch and new life comes forth. I think most of my fish are live bearers....not that I have actually seen them bearing....most of the time I am just watching the tank and realized, I have babies swimming about. Good times. Thanks for sharing.

it's a great feeling when you look in the tank and see little baby fish swimming about most of my fish are live bearers,
my favourite species are the goodeids they don't always breed as regular as Guppies ,most of them are very easy to breed but many of the goodeids are very difficult

Last edited:
What beautiful fish!

They must really like their new home to be spawning already, only four days after moving in! Kudos to your fish keeping, OP :D

Googling them now to see if I should get some of these to replace my livebearers... lol

4 days ago I bought a trio of Steel blue killifish from Maidenhead Aquatics and at a bargain price of only £3.50 each
they are spawning well, i now have a total 22 eggs from them.
View attachment 130461
Steel blue male
it's been almost 10 months since I bought the trio, they are still going strong producing eggs almost daily I have groups of all ages from fry- young juveniles and adults i have approximately 90 eggs due to hatch in about two weeks I have placed 60 eggs in peat so I can Hatch them roughly all at the same time, I found they produce two colour variations both nice looking fish
IMG_8930.JPG
IMG_8934.JPG

it's been almost 10 months since I bought the trio, they are still going strong producing eggs almost daily I have groups of all ages from fry- young juveniles and adults i have approximately 90 eggs due to hatch in about two weeks I have placed 60 eggs in peat so I can Hatch them roughly all at the same time, I found they produce two colour variations both nice looking fish
View attachment 153136View attachment 153137
This makes me feel like the old days when I've kept them as well. Maybe you've triggered me to start all over again.

This makes me feel like the old days when I've kept them as well. Maybe you've triggered me to start all over again.
Go on you know you want to start all over again like the old days lol.
I know the feeling 29 years ago I kept and bread the Clown Killifish I recently bought a small group of them though they were very small they are growing on nicely I hope to get them spawning soon

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back