Starting up my small aquatic plant business, this is the journal.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
It's easy to separate Duckweed from most other plants. Simply hold the plant underwater and gently wriggle it. The Duckweed will come out and float to the surface.

And if it's to sell, just send the cuttings out with a bit of Duckweed on it.
hmmmm Iā€™ll try it with some cuttings. I was looking on some of my preferred plant sellers sites and a lot of them have stopped selling a variety of the plants I am looking for. It could be that theyā€™re sold out because they sell really well, or they stopped because there was not enough demand. Several of them, I already have.

Since this is a journal after all, I will post a pic of my space tomorrow! Itā€™s a little clearing behind my garage. The plan is to set up some kind of aquaponics thing on the wall to utilize the vertical space. Iā€™m going to grow some kale, spinach, strawberries, abd raspberries and try to propagate some spider plants and monstera cuttings. Then Iā€™m going to have my stock tanks with fish and aquatic plants, and my wading pools with floating plants.

I have no idea! Iā€™ve been gone for two weeks, but @connorlindeman last I checked the hygrophila polysperma was choking it outā€¦ I moved some to floating not long before I left so Iā€™ll be checking tonight how it did while I was away.

Anyone ever go through a random box of junk you packed up out of sight and out of mind months back and find a surprising amount of cash you forgot about? Well I did. I found $100 stashed in my closet from 3 years ago, we had some sketchy family visiting so I had hidden it. Now I know $100 isnā€™t much in the grand scheme of things, but itā€™s a good amount to buy some wading pools and stock tanks and new plants for my little business!

I think Iā€™ve decided to just buy new plants instead of hassle with my duckweed infested ones from my tanks. Iā€™m working on pricing right now. Iā€™d like to have a 40 gallon stock tank with Pygmy sunfish and another with some neat strain of guppies. My LFS would absolutely be in the market for buying Pygmy sunfish. Considering the way they price things and what they pay for their stock, I expect Iā€™d get at least $3 a piece for the sunfish and $1.50 for the guppies. Thatā€™s if I donā€™t want to deal with shipping.
$100? Hows about Ā£1000.
My wife put an envelope with a thousand pounds in a safe place about 3 years ago. She has dementia although at that time it didn't manifest itself much.
Never found the cash again....... and the dementia is really going strong now. She even forgot she doesn't like fish tanks all over the house. Grumbled when I only had one but now I have seven. Well, I need a hobby I can do while at home as I just daren't leave her on her own.

when?

that's really disappointing. I hope she comes back to visit once in a while.
Last month sometime I believe. I'll check my pms cause I forget as well.
I hope she does to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back