Starting to get VERY irritated at this site now...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

While we're on the subject of cleaning phones, how do you clear the cache and stuff on a mobile phone?
Depends on the type of phone... Is it Windows, Apple, Android or Linux? I see that there has been advice given to clear history but that only works within your web browser; the actual info is still on your device. I also saw a response that claimed to not have a browser. If you can use the device to access the Internet you are using a browser; not opinion, just straight fact.

I don't use the phone for the internet.

I think the phone is an android but can't guarantee it coz I know nothing about mobile phones other than they give me the poops.

I don't use the phone for the internet.

I think the phone is an android but can't guarantee it coz I know nothing about mobile phones other than they give me the poops.
You mentioned you had email access on it, it's either an older "feature phone" or a smartphone. And both had browsers, as far as I remember.

Switch to Brave, you won't look back. Based on Chrome so feels very similar and works/syncs across Android / Windows etc but far more privacy and built in Ad blockers.

Switch to Brave, you won't look back. Based on Chrome so feels very similar and works/syncs across Android / Windows etc but far more privacy and built in Ad blockers.

Oops think again- This is from The Verge and it will affect all Chromium based browsers.

Firefox and Chrome are squaring off over ad-blocker extensions​

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/10/...google-chrome-privacy-manifest-v3-web-request

I refuse to register with Google and will never ever use Chrome nor a Chromium based browser.

You mentioned you had email access on it, it's either an older "feature phone" or a smartphone. And both had browsers, as far as I remember.
I don't use the phone for email. the phone has somehow picked up my email address and now has my latest emails on it even tho I didn't do anything

Oops think again- This is from The Verge and it will affect all Chromium based browsers.

Firefox and Chrome are squaring off over ad-blocker extensions​

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/10/...google-chrome-privacy-manifest-v3-web-request

I refuse to register with Google and will never ever use Chrome nor a Chromium based browser.
Yes but there's at least a year before that kicks in and will need to wait and see how brave etc deals with the changes. Worst case is move to Firefox, which isn't terrible really.

I don't use the phone for email. the phone has somehow picked up my email address and now has my latest emails on it even tho I didn't do anything

If it's a Gmail address, then I'm 100% sure you have an android phone, and you signed in during setup, or with any of google affiliated services, like maps or youtube, for example. If it's any other email service, you still had to have signed in from the phone, either via an app or browser, because there is simply no other way the phone could just "get" your email.

Yes but there's at least a year before that kicks in and will need to wait and see how brave etc deals with the changes. Worst case is move to Firefox, which isn't terrible really.
If brave and others don't fork chromium at that point, they will lose a lot of customers, and other smaller forks even Mozilla forks, will be more widely used. Eventually something else will come along. Back in the 90s microsoft was as arrogant as google is now regarding their browser dominance, and look at them now, they're the joke of web browsers.

fishforums-sm.png

We want everyone that joins the community to have a great experience while using the forum. Advertising banners help to support the cost of running the forum. With the current issues reported, we've decided to leave ads disabled permanently for all members. However, we now offer a supporting membership program!

As you probably already know, FishForums.net is a great group of individuals that love to discuss all types of Tropical Fish, Aquariums, Plants, and more! Our goal has always been to be a great online resource for fish owners and enthusiasts.

Registering for membership on the site is absolutely FREE. However, for $12.00/year or $1.00 a month or just 3 cents per day you can now help support the website! Supporting members will receive a few extra benefits and we hope to add more in the future.

To sign up, just click on the link:

fishforums-sm.png

We want everyone that joins the community to have a great experience while using the forum. Advertising banners help to support the cost of running the forum. With the current issues reported, we've decided to leave ads disabled permanently for all members. However, we now offer a supporting membership program!

As you probably already know, FishForums.net is a great group of individuals that love to discuss all types of Tropical Fish, Aquariums, Plants, and more! Our goal has always been to be a great online resource for fish owners and enthusiasts.

Registering for membership on the site is absolutely FREE. However, for $12.00/year or $1.00 a month or just 3 cents per day you can now help support the website! Supporting members will receive a few extra benefits and we hope to add more in the future.

To sign up, just click on the link:
That's a great idea!! I wish I could be part of that but I don't have the funds myself to do something like that...

Like I said before, I don't mind ads, as long as they are not interfering TOO MUCH... But thank you very much for setting up that program! It's a brilliant idea

I love all the perks with it to...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back