Starting to collect house plants!

Naughts

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I struggle with succulents that I pick up from Kroger or Lowes. I suspect that it is the soil they are in, not well drained. Any advice?
You could try different shops.
Or change the soil to a cactus mix compost, add perlite if you wish.
For repotting just shake/dust off the old soil being careful not to disturb the roots.
If you suspect parasites, or are putting a plant in a fishtank, rinse the roots.
Be cautious of using larger pots as it often leads to overwatering and root rot.

OP
OP
OliveFish05

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Stopped by my local Lowe’s today while a family member made some returns. I checked the plant section as they get new things all the time. I’ve been watching out for a spider plant, hoping to get at least a small one at some point. They had rather large ones with dozens of lil baby plants. $15, so I grabbed one. (And of course spent at least 10 minutes choosing the best one). We were checking out, and it rung up as $4. We figured it was a mistake, so asked a worker to help us fix it. She looked at it for a few seconds before saying “must be on sale”. So I ran quick and grabbed a second one! $4 a piece! Pictured here is only the bigger one. I also got this beautiful ladder from a woman on Craigslist, $20. I plan to hang it from the ceiling above my desk or bed or something and hang some plants from it…
F631997D-5FA6-41BA-8A6D-122B1A516DB7.jpeg
B13DF7B1-C64E-424D-8410-6C4E84091CE6.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online