Starting fresh.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm a completely natural boy so I am interested in how you get on with your project. I am interested in seeing how Seachem Stability works for you.

I'm a completely natural boy so I am interested in how you get on with your project. I am interested in seeing how Seachem Stability works for you.
Yeah prior to this I have always cycled using patience, But I figured well why not see if stability works like it says it will. It says on the bottle fish can be added straight away but I still won't be doing that no fish until my levels are correct. If it doesn't work then I'm no worse off.

I can't wait. to see the end project and with fish in it. It'll look so good. What fish are you planning on getting?
Well I had intended on a large group of sterbai Cory's but I think they will make a mess uprooting plants etc with that JBL substrate because of how light it is sadly.

So what I know I definitely want
20-30 cardinal tetras
10 Congo tetras
10-15 ottos

Other than that I'm not 100% Im open to suggestions folks. ?

Well I had intended on a large group of sterbai Cory's but I think they will make a mess uprooting plants etc with that JBL substrate because of how light it is sadly.

So what I know I definitely want
20-30 cardinal tetras
10 Congo tetras
10-15 ottos

Other than that I'm not 100% Im open to suggestions folks. ?
I think it would be either congo or cardinal tetras. Corys shouldn't uproot plants. At least mine haven as of yet/

I think it would be either congo or cardinal tetras. Corys shouldn't uproot plants. At least mine haven as of yet/
Really? Had Congo's before in planted tank and they were great with the plants. Not had cardinals before normally kept rummies but fancy a change.

So you think the Cory's would be suitable?

Delivery of my hair grass just came so itll need to sit in the tank until Saturday as I'm working tomorrow and Friday won't have time today sadly to do any more work. Package came with some nifty new glass ware though
PXL_20210113_142313049.jpg
courtesy of aquarium gardens a blau 45 diffuser and a blau orb drop checker. All I need now is to get my co2 refilled!

Really? Had Congo's before in planted tank and they were great with the plants. Not had cardinals before normally kept rummies but fancy a change.

So you think the Cory's would be suitable?
I think that the congos should be fine. I was just thinking of a bit more variety. Yeah cories should be fine. None of my panda corys have uprooted any of my plants.

I think that the congos should be fine. I was just thinking of a bit more variety. Yeah cories should be fine. None of my panda corys have uprooted any of my plants.
I had considered torpedo barbs but I think the red flash is not to dissimilar to the cardinals red so that's why I was more leaning towards the Congo's although they are tetras.

Well I'll opt for a good group of Cory's

After much deliberation I've decided to order more plants.

So I've got
3 more crypt wendtii green
3 more crypt undulatus green
2 more hydrocotyle tripartita japan
2 trident java fern.
coming Monday.

will hopefully get my wood and rock in on Saturday and get some pictures loaded up.

I had considered torpedo barbs but I think the red flash is not to dissimilar to the cardinals red so that's why I was more leaning towards the Congo's although they are tetras.

Well I'll opt for a good group of Cory's
I have a torpedo barb as my school gmail image. One of my dream fish as well.

For cory count 10-12 would be good. Who knows you might just get some fry...

Delivery day!!
PXL_20210114_202058623.jpg
PXL_20210114_202531894.jpg

After turning it on in the kitchen i made the mistake of looking at it turns out it's pretty bright. My Initial thoughts on it?
It's very well put together the led units look of a high quality. This has an app for the controller which connects to a smart phone. Which in my opinion over complicates things but I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to smart things like I still have genuinely no clue how I can tell a Google speaker to turn my TV off.

At first glance the app looks quite complicated so maybe at some point I may use it to its advantage.

So I rely on timers thankfully it works with my timers. So currently three led bars running on timers all switching on and off at different intervals.

1. NICREW RGB Plus 24/7 39" 26w
Times:1700 - 2200
2. Fluval plant 3.0 36" 46w
Times:1730 - 2230
3.NICREW RGB Plus 24/7 39" 26w
Times:1800 -2300

When the co2 is up and running it's times are 1600-2100

I'll leave the lights with these times watch the plants see how they progress and if there's issues with algae. For fertilizer I'm going to try API leaf zone as I haven't used it before so I'll give it a try.
PXL_20210114_205627909.jpg

Quick picture of all 3 on please ignore the scum lines around the glass will be taken care of when I do a water change. Pictures don't really show its best but the alternanthera colours look brilliant!

A wee bonus picture of my old tank a few months before the "accident"
IMG_20200505_201843.jpg

Looking good! Plants look nice and vibrant.

I know what you mean about light brightness... I have a terrestrial plant light for growing winter vegetables in the basement (yes, real vegetables like lettuce and herbs, not the other kind of... herb), and thankfully it's got a dimmer switch otherwise I would have to wear sunglasses to pick any produce!!!

very kewl project!! can't wait to see it finished! painting the back of the tank is a thing? I've never heard of that... but it's a great idea. what kind of paint did you use? i have a couple nano tanks... but am super jelly over all these large lovely tanks!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back