Starting Fresh (29G Tanks)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Uh.. I tested waters at the LFS and all was zero and good (just to make sure mine are accurate). I have a cuc...

Rock was fully cured and I have a nice ocean smell. No death stink. I acclimated 1.5 hour drip

Uh.. I tested waters at the LFS and all was zero and good (just to make sure mine are accurate). I have a cuc...

Rock was fully cured and I have a nice ocean smell. No death stink. I acclimated 1.5 hour drip

Well alright then. Don't mind me. :p

Well alright then. Don't mind me. :p

Sorry, I do enjoy your great advice. I got anxious I guess and threw them in. The LFS dude was really nice and said if its been 2 weeks and params are good I should be ok. So I went on and did it. That skimmer looks BIG for my 29g tank?

Looks good. :)
What'd you get for a cuc?

Current clean up crew is:

(1) Margarita Snail
(4) Cerith Snails
(4) Small Blue Hermits
(2) Astrea Snails

This is everything as of now in my tank! I saw a Bristleworm though lol.

I plan to get a Fire Shrimp this weekend if all goes well, and maybe put a Blue Chromis in to test the waters?

-Tyler

No changes in the tank so far... Just a running tank with some snails and crabs! I wanted to post and see what everyone thought of my ending stocking list.

2 black occ clowns
1 yellow clown goby
1 Firefish (unsure on this one)
1 Fire Shrimp

CUC

4 ceriths
4 nassarius (orange spot?)
2 astreas
4 blue leg hermits
1 margarita

Thoughts?

That sounds good to me,
Make sure you add the firefish and clown goby before the clownfish.

Also I think margarita snails prefer lower temperatures so you might want to skip that one.

About the deltec skimmer, its better to over skim than under skim. Of course when they test the equipment to rate, they test it under the most optimal conditions to get the best performance out of it. I'll have a look around, I think AquaC makes a series of HoB skimmers, I think its AquaC Remora. One i've heard less about is the CPR protein skimmers. Their HoB line is the CPR bak pak I think.

About the deltec skimmer, its better to over skim than under skim. Of course when they test the equipment to rate, they test it under the most optimal conditions to get the best performance out of it. I'll have a look around, I think AquaC makes a series of HoB skimmers, I think its AquaC Remora. One i've heard less about is the CPR protein skimmers. Their HoB line is the CPR bak pak I think.

I need a skimmer still, just that some of those break the bank for sure. Id like a quiet one that is not extremely huge either. Its only a 29 gallon tank.

-Tyler

Can't seem to find much else that is smaller. Check out others brands like TMC, Reef octopus, and Aquamaxx. Most of the time the noise is caused by the water falling back into the tank, you can diy a slide so it doesn't fall back into the tank splashing on the surface. That will usually quiet it down.

OH well that is not bad then. I don't mind water falling sounds, just loud motor noises.

-Tyler

Understandable. If i'm not mistaken, skimmers dont have mechanical parts persay, so the only noise that should be coming from it is a slight hum that you would hear from an air pump.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back