Starting Betta Fish Advocacy Project (Betta World For Bettas) -- Seeking like-minded people

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bettaworldforbettas

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Ariel and I'm a new member here :)

I've started a project called Betta World For Bettas, because I see there's still a lot of misinformation about betta care among consumers and pet chains. I've been working to address these misconceptions through acrylic paintings and social media posts.

I'd like to highlight practices and products on the market that are inhumane (e.g. Betta tanks less than 1 gallon and the Petco Betta care sheet claiming they can live in a min of 0.25 gallon). I hope to gain a following of like-minded people who can help me directly address these concerns with pet chains and manufacturers through social media posts and outreach. My aim is never to shame or alienate consumers.

At this early stage, I'm still clarifying what issues to tackle and am growing my social media presence. I am excited to have found this Forum and would welcome any thoughts, issues, or questions anyone would like to share. If you have ideas about inhumane products or you have betta fish care tips I'd love to hear from you.

If you're interested, my website is: bettaworldforbettas.com
My instagram (@bettaworldforbettas) and Twitter (@betta4bettas)

I can't claim to be a seasoned betta owner --- I've had one Delta Tail Male Betta (Valentino) for 6 months. I just get sad seeing that bettas are still often kept in jars and very tiny cups for their existence.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm excited to be a new member of this community, and hope we can make a Betta World For Bettas :)

Ariel

AllDressedUpAndNowhereToGo.jpgBettaWorldForBettas-MyWorldIs4CupsofWater?-resizedsmall.jpgPetSmartStopSellingTopfinStackableBettaTank-BettaWorldForBettas.jpg

Hello! My name is Ariel and I'm a new member here :)

I've started a project called Betta World For Bettas, because I see there's still a lot of misinformation about betta care among consumers and pet chains. I've been working to address these misconceptions through acrylic paintings and social media posts.

I'd like to highlight practices and products on the market that are inhumane (e.g. Betta tanks less than 1 gallon and the Petco Betta care sheet claiming they can live in a min of 0.25 gallon). I hope to gain a following of like-minded people who can help me directly address these concerns with pet chains and manufacturers through social media posts and outreach. My aim is never to shame or alienate consumers.

At this early stage, I'm still clarifying what issues to tackle and am growing my social media presence. I am excited to have found this Forum and would welcome any thoughts, issues, or questions anyone would like to share. If you have ideas about inhumane products or you have betta fish care tips I'd love to hear from you.

If you're interested, my website is: bettaworldforbettas.com
My instagram (@bettaworldforbettas) and Twitter (@betta4bettas)

I can't claim to be a seasoned betta owner --- I've had one Delta Tail Male Betta (Valentino) for 6 months. I just get sad seeing that bettas are still often kept in jars and very tiny cups for their existence.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm excited to be a new member of this community, and hope we can make a Betta World For Bettas :)

Ariel

View attachment 119194View attachment 119193View attachment 119195

Love the artwork! I reached out through your website, be sure to check the messages'

Followed you on Instagram :) Only yesterday, I saw a teddy bear tank being advertised to keep bettas. Basically a tiny bowl in the belly of a stuffed animal! The “tanks” I see on amazon too are horrific!
Thank you for following :) Yikes!...There are so many are betta "tanks" marketed like toys and decor for children...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back