Starting back in the hobby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MapDaddy

Reaction score
It's been over 15 years since I've had any tanks but I just inherited a 50 gallon tank with 3 cichlids. I know I need a few more so the aggression is minimized but I'll need to get some help from the cichlid gang to help me identify what I have.

I used to breed angels and discus and had multiple tanks. Anything from a bunch of 10 & 20 gallon for the babies to a 100 and 200 gallon planted show tanks. Yep, I had the bug big time. And something tells me I'm about to be bitten once again. I'm counting on the experts online here to help me provide the best environment for my new little buddies.

Welcome to the forum. I’d love to see photos of your planted big tanks.
I wish I could but you might say I lost them in the divorce many years ago. I don't plan on providing the cichlids with expensive salad so I'm going to have to stick with plastic for this tank. Then again you never know what the future has in store...

It's been over 15 years since I've had any tanks but I just inherited a 50 gallon tank with 3 cichlids. I know I need a few more so the aggression is minimized but I'll need to get some help from the cichlid gang to help me identify what I have.

I used to breed angels and discus and had multiple tanks. Anything from a bunch of 10 & 20 gallon for the babies to a 100 and 200 gallon planted show tanks. Yep, I had the bug big time. And something tells me I'm about to be bitten once again. I'm counting on the experts online here to help me provide the best environment for my new little buddies.
Welcome back...there have been some quite substantial and interesting changes within the hobby, whilst you've been away.
That said, don't believe you have to discard all you already know. ;)

Welcome! I cant wait to see the tank you put together for the cichlids!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back