Starting a new anacharis forest for my ember tetras.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cool. I've only used anacharis in one tank, a 10 gallon back when I knew a great deal less than I thought I did. ha ha It grew like crazy for a few months, then it all up and died.

Do you know what caused the plants to die?
I have just started to keep Anacharis.

Do you know what caused the plants to die?
I have just started to keep Anacharis.
Where did you get it from?

My ancharis never grew. Why @PheonixKingZ @Retired Viking

If the shipper shipped it to you in a bag full of cold water, and you out it in a heated tank, it would have melted almost immediately. Many people make this mistake....

Do you dose ferts? How many hours a day do you keep the light on for?

The forest set up looks great! I've mine spaced out but I might try a grouping in one spot for my tetra.

I ordered a pack because it's wrecking my head :rofl: also ordered some glue to set the Java miss better in place too. And wood for my Plecos.

I think I need a job to fund my tank addiction :rofl:
Yep! Job required, although there are a lot of DIY online for tanks, filters, etc ...

My Anacharis is ok. I was asking someone here whose Anacharis died after they grew very well.
I discovered that the Chlorine and Chloramine killed my previous batches of Anacharis and not the heat that killed them.
I have heat up to 31degC (87-88degF) but it didn't kill the plants but when I QT them in water without water conditioner, they melted after a few days.

Certain brands of liquid fertilizers will melt Anacharis as well - be wary of that.

Yes, I read somewhere that says overdose fertilizer will burn the plants.

I also cut down on fertilizer now. I stop using temporarily and will only add on if require (both macro and micro).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back