Started Something

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Miss Wiggle

Practically perfect in every way
Reaction score
bought Ian a Takashi Amano book just for a little pressie cos I thought he'd like it. He spent all last night either with his nose in the book or staring intently at the tanks.... then kept mentioning.... could the cory's go in this tank or that tank..... I can feel a big change around and a high tech planted tank coming on :rolleyes:

I must admit it is quite addictive. Im hooked ! :hyper:

You can read how im getting on on my TFF journal:
TFF planted tank journal

basically took it from this:
post-22810-1152646943.jpg

to this so far:
DSC024762.jpg

Good luck with yours :good:

You guys are something else - a new marine and a possible high tech planted !

Dont you ever get enough? :lol:

I've actually been toying with starting a small low tech dense planted tank cos my little girl wants a betta and I think it could look cool in a small green tank (especially if it was a nice red or blue male). We'll see.

I've also been reading george farmer's recent thread about planted tanks - cant believe the hostility of some members to the tanks. Each to their own I guess. Its quite an inspiration to see some of the fantastic professional tanks out there, but I really like looking at the great planted tanks achieved by some of the regular contributing members to this site.

I'm also interested in the ecolocigal aquarium which uses low light and only plants for filtration ala Diana Walstadt (sp?), so my next purchase is going to be her book called 'The ecology of the planted aquarium' (I think).

good luck if you do go down the green fingered route.

I'm also interested in the ecolocigal aquarium which uses low light and only plants for filtration ala Diana Walstadt (sp?), so my next purchase is going to be her book called 'The ecology of the planted aquarium' (I think).

I purchased that before starting down the planted tank route. Be warned Scuba...its very heavy reading m8 :blink:

Fillet thats the same rena tank that i have....
the problem with going down the high tec planted route is my tank is too heavily stocked, maybe if i can re home some corys and goramis and a syno to another tank then yes i`ll do the high tec planted thing

You guys are something else - a new marine and a possible high tech planted !

Dont you ever get enough? :lol:

nope :lol: i think it's cos we're both into fish that it's got so bad, if just one of us liked them the other would probably control them, but as it is we just feed off each other and encourage each other for more and more stuff :rolleyes:

Oh btw darling i think we should set the 3 foot tank up as a gorami/cory/syno tank, and i should go get a load of laterite and start studying E.I

Fillet thats the same rena tank that i have....
the problem with going down the high tec planted route is my tank is too heavily stocked, maybe if i can re home some corys and goramis and a syno to another tank then yes i`ll do the high tec planted thing

Ian
I have no issues with stocking levels and keeping the plants.
Give it a go (you know you want to!! ) :hey:
Mind you beearing in mind the post from Miss Wiggle above, you need no incouragement :lol:

My tank is the 1.2m x 0.5m x 0.75m high version of the Rena, and I have presently the following in that planted tank above (although it may not look like it in the photo due to the amount of weed hiding some of the fish):

1 bristle nose plec
2 Angels
2 sunrise platy's
1 balloon molly
6 rummy nose tetra
4 Neon tetra
2 clown loach
2 leopard cat fish
2 dwarf gourami (pair)
1 diamond heart tetra
2 x-ray tetra
2 amano shrimp

All is well with water quality etc :good:

mines stocked with.
1 common syno.
3 C adolfi
3 C metae
2 skunk corys.
2 opaline goramis
2 black angels
2 gold angels
2 albino angels.

i want to re home the corys so i could get some ottos, butr i need to talk the mrs into letting me have the 3 ft set up some where for the corys ect.

mines stocked with.
1 common syno.
3 C adolfi
3 C metae
2 skunk corys.
2 opaline goramis
2 black angels
2 gold angels
2 albino angels.

i want to re home the corys so i could get some ottos, butr i need to talk the mrs into letting me have the 3 ft set up some where for the corys ect.

I reckon you guys should get shares in the various energy companies. I dread to think what your electric and water bills are :X

Maybe you could open up a home aquarium centre and charge for visitors to help with the upkeep. After all you probably have more exihibits than the National Aquatic centre now ! :lol:

Keep up the good work you crazy fish couple :good:

lol, believe it or not we had discussed it... (jokingly of course) :unsure:

i was thinking the other day the 3 footer doesn't look too bad set up where we have it now as the hospital tank :rolleyes:

lets get your furniture in from your mum's and discuss it :rolleyes: :p

i was thinking the other day the 3 footer doesn't look too bad set up where we have it now as the hospital tank :rolleyes:

lets get your furniture in from your mum's and discuss it :rolleyes: :p

and can we get some laterite and some t5`s???

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back