Stargate Sg-1

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Danno

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Errrrrrrr! I can't believe SG-1 was cancelled. It had a huge fan base too! And the kicker was that the last episode actually sucked! At least Atlantis is continuing. Common, couldn't they have done better??

Errrrrrrr! I can't believe SG-1 was cancelled. It had a huge fan base too! And the kicker was that the last episode actually sucked! At least Atlantis is continuing. Common, couldn't they have done better??

Yep a sad end to what was often a fantastic show! but i feel it never did recover from Ric Andersons move to off screen work.
10 seasons not a bad run though, often the really good stuf goes after 3 or so. Farscape and Firefly, both died too soon.

looking back, the first 5 seasons were my fav shows.

it was not cancelled, it came to a natural end after almost 11 years.
all the cast and crew thought it was time to finish and was not a studio imposed closure.
this now means that the production company has more money to spend on the Atlantis spin off and also to develop an new show.

Stargte; The ark of truth and Stargate; continuum (straight to DVD movies) are still filming. (at time of writing)
MGM have commisioned Stargate universe which is tipped to be not a spin off as such but a stand alone show with it's own unique flavour.
Universe will use the little known ninth chevron, whose function upto now has been unknown. This promises to be as good, if not better, than SG1.

if you wish to talk about sci-fi
join my sci-fi forum :)
http://talkscifi.net

But doesn't the story line continue from here? The original scripts go further.

They should have done more of a finalle though. All the last episode was about "Tielk got old"....woohoo....Their were way too many holes in the final episode. Should have been two hours long. :(

From what i understand the 9th chevron accesses the time space continuum (time travel).

Well. I guess it is time to go and purchase all 10 series on DVD now! :lol:

But doesn't the story line continue from here? The original scripts go further.

They should have done more of a finalle though. All the last episode was about "Tielk got old"....woohoo....Their were way too many holes in the final episode. Should have been two hours long. :(

From what i understand the 9th chevron accesses the time space continuum (time travel).

Well. I guess it is time to go and purchase all 10 series on DVD now! :lol:

i think you may find the Time space continuum, simply describes our own universe, it is just a construct.
an area with three physical dimensions and one temporal dimension, or space and time!

we have already seen the Alternate universe, in several episodes of sg1, "Point of View" was its first outing. so it could be dimensional travel. the theory says if the universe has more than four dimensions, which this episode dealt with, then time travel will surly be possible. if you do create a paradox, the dimension simply splits off and all is well.

Oops I did some reading.

7 chevrons are for locating stargates int eh main universe
the 8th is for distant universes
the 9th is for the past, present, and future.

got a bit of info on the films here.
http://www.aintitcool.com/?q=node/31263

as for the ninth chevron, the truth is, nobody actually knows what it is yet! its all guessing by fans. but as the films have been shot now, someone does. if it is actually used in them.

seems the ninth chevron will feature large in Atlantis 3. still on idea what it does though lol.

and as stated, sadly, SG1 the show, was canceled!

yo man what a Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have just seen The Ark of Truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no spoilers from me, but it is worth the wait! April 2008 seems to be the release date.

ok just one, no Jack O'Neill

no spoilers from me, but it is worth the wait! April 2008 seems to be the release date.

Gonna watch it today and it looks good

Gonna watch it today and it looks good

How are you guys watching it? if its released in April? :blink:

Big fan of SG1 too! B)

its already out my friend has it on a normal dvd he pre-ordered it from Aerica i've seen it. theres apparently two movies.

i like stargate atlantis, also theres meant to be a new series coming soon called stargate universe

its already out my friend has it on a normal dvd he pre-ordered it from Aerica i've seen it. theres apparently two movies.

i like stargate atlantis, also theres meant to be a new series coming soon called stargate universe

no it aint out, not yet anyway. the "dvd" floating about is a WORKING print. and though it is missing some of the special effects, and is not really dvd quality. its a good watch. and no its not two films, effectively it is the last, for now, episode of the SG1 team, though it is 100 mins, ish, so it could be said to be a "double episode.

thing is though, the makers have been stung by the release of this print, so my guess is "continuum" will be somewhat more difficult to get :crazy:

yep i am interested in "universe", though it is said to be "connected" but totally unrelated to the two tv series

i am interested in "universe", though it is said to be "connected" but totally unrelated to the two tv series
exactly, just like the 'failed' animated series Stargate infinty

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back