Stan reveals the greatest filter media he found in 45 years and you can buy it.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thats it,Exactamundo! I tell you,the reason quilt batting is cheap is because its lousy as a fish filter..it quickly packs down,and starts to congeal into stringy ropes.Its not made to get wet let alone be a filter for fish life.
Rolls of it a fish stores? Poor substitute. Acurel is right,theirs is best..for 45 years as they say on the label.
Trust no other brand!

Does it come in sheet form?....my roll of floss is about 1 inch thick and I can cut it to fit in my filter box...for the other layers in the filter box, I use 1 inch thick sponges.
Acurel is polyester media ... same material in my roll of floss. Whatever works for you. Your title of this thread sounds like an ad for acurel.. My roll of floss has many excellent reviews and is widely used. Whatever works for you is what you should use. My roll of floss works just fine for my uses and is what I will keep using.

Well,Acurel is better. What works fine isn't always what works best!...So for open minded..try it. Splurge a little..take chances in life:band: as Beck once said "Go crazy with the cheez whiz!

Now that I think about it, I used this stuff way back when I first started out in the early 80s. I think I still have several clear plastic filter boxes and a bag full of filter fiber somewhere in my basement. I replaced them not long after with UGF. ;)

Last edited:
I had to buy last year- a few months ago,another brand of floss. I didn't like it. Its like my Seachem posts..other brands should be the same- but they are not.
Just touch ACUREL floss..it's..different. Pond Guru too didn't know what to make of it and I told him its like high grade floss.
My LFS guy gave me the ok to order it online because his supplier does not carry it anymore. So to Amazon for the next bag.
No,it doesn't last forever and eventually will wear down after months and months and a few good rinsing outs ( in my home made filter-your use will vary)...and then I replace like 50% with new.It quickly is colonised by bacteria..no real setbacks that I notice.

Now,some other quality things I tried over the decades..like Cora Life 9K Metal Halide bulbs? eh,not many people can just plunk down $75 for the bulb. Or worse,bulb and fixture. But it does make the most natural light in the aquarium fish world...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back