FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So catfish, like plecos can get burned? What about other fish? Bettas for example.
I think in some cases it can, most creatures feel something hot they let go or leave it. But if one gets stuck like this tetra, they can get a burn

I wouldn’t QT him if I were you. Separating him from his school will severely stress him out.
They are already in qt, as I just got them from the shop. I was hoping to move them into their main tank sooner, but am not sure exactly how long it takes for symptoms of different illnesses to show up if they have them.

Last time my cherry barb squeezed in to the gap between the filter and the glass after I saved her she started swimming again for about an hour but she didnt make it :(

Hope yours make it though! :good:

I think I might risk moving them all from qt into main tank sooner, so they are less stressed by the small qt tank.

I think I might risk moving them all from qt into main tank sooner, so they are less stressed by the small qt tank.
Don't do it, leave them in there for now.
they might be more stressed if you do it now.

Ok. I am just worried about them chasing each other too much. Doesn't happen very often, but the one had to get stuck some how. I moved the heater further from the wall so there is a gap large enough for all the fish to fit through and not get stuck. Also thinking about getting a plastic container for quarantining in the future and use my 2 5.5 gallons as more display tanks. Just keep an extra filter and use seeded sponge media to start it up when I need it. I think I will start another thread for that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back