Sps Id?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RRaquariums

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
So went to get some corals frags from a guy on Craigslist and he was really cool and gave me this peace of sps coral to try out in my tank since I've been wondering how sps would do in my set up anyways me being a bit overwhelmed with all the other coral I got forgot the name of the sps and I'd like to know what it is.
Here's a pic of it sorry for the low quality of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 276
Its a coral, and its pretty. Why do you need more :p

I have no idea but hope it does well

I am rubbish with SPS IDs since I've never really looked into keeping them, but...could it be a Pocillopora?

EllieJellyEllie said:
Its a coral, and its pretty. Why do you need more
tongue2.gif

Corals can have rather vastly different needs in terms of lighting, feeding, and nutrient levels in the water. It's very common to have tanks that are simply not able to support certain types of corals because of this. 

Thanks Donya for the reply but after looking that up I don't think it's Pocillopora :(

How about contacting him again, I'm sure he will know 
yes.gif
my first thought was some type of acropora but I am not that great with sps! it is something with a pora at the end I think lol 
noexpression.gif

stylopora or pocillapora

id say poecillapora because of the knobbing that happens at the ends of the branches, stylos grow more long and extended without the "broccoli" effect

poecillapora
p-42001-pocillopora.jpg

stylophora
green_stylophora.jpg

Ok yeah I'm pretty sure it's the pocillapora it looks right and sounds like what he said so thanks :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back