Springtails are driving me crazy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have been at college and come back home every weekend to clean the tank. I let my mom feed the fish and when I went to clean the tank yesterday, I noticed a food pellet on the glass surrounded by bugs.

I realized I have probably close to about 100-200 of these in my tank now and have been trying to get rid of them. Yes they are not harmful but are very annoying and I don’t want them to spread around the room as we already have a humidity issue.

Currently lowered the water level so they cannot jump outside the tank and I made sure all the decoration is submerged so they all are accumulated on the side of the tank at water level.

Any suggestions?

I would leave them. They clean up uneaten food and other organic matter in your tank.
They aren’t going to spread around your room, unless your room is covered in wet leaves and lizard poop.

I've had springtails for nearly a decade and they're just helpful little homies who get eaten by fish occasionally. They haven't spread outside of my aquariums/vivariums despite 50%+ humidity in my house.

Most reactions

Back