Spring Training

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

qwikimpss

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Another baseball season is right around the bend. Anyone else here following it or am I alone? What teams do ya root for. (I may be a Red Sox fan but I am always cordial to Yankee fans!)

Ever since the last player strike (how long ago was that??) I haven't been paying attention. I suppose if I would cheer for anyone it would be the Toronto Blue Jays, but they've played so bad for so many years it's hard to stay loyal. Toronto is MUCH more of a hockey town :)

I live in Dallas, so I'm kind of a Ranger fan by default. Not much to root for the past few years, but we're getting better. Our all sports radio station here is going to spring training next week I think, and I always look forward to that and baseball starting up again. I'm really interested to see what the World Baseball Classic is like too. It may suck, but who knows.

While I'm not a big baseball fan in general, I do find myself rooting for our Arizona Diamondbacks. And since moving house in October, we now live 5 minutes from one of the stadiums used for Spring Training in the area, so we've decided to get to some games finally. Pre-season games are supposed to be a blast so it should be fun, and who knows, I might just learn a little more baseball and actually become a fan B)

Yeah, pre season games are a blast, you can get up close to the players and sometimes actually hold a conversation. My brother went to Ft. Myers last year for a Red Sox training game and held a conversation with right fielder Trot Nixon for 10 minutes.

The Rangers have been going through a few rebuilding years but have been getting a lot better, they have an excellent chance to get Rodger Clemens if he decides to play the season after the WBC.

I'm not really looking forward to the WBC, I don't like the timing of it. Right before the beginning of the season is a bad idea! Do it after September, there are plenty of stadiums and what not, that way if someone gets hurt they have all offseason to heal, instead of 3 weeks before opening day!

We don't really get much of it in the UK or basketball for that matter, which is a bit of a shame. I was on holiday in Florida when Sammy Sosa (I think) and another fella were going for the home run record of 62, which they both beat and I enjoyed watching some of the footage of it. I also went to see Orlando Magic on another visit and enjoyed that too. But with football I wouldnt have the time to get into it.

Arfie

Oh yeah, the infamous HR battle between Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa....arguably two of the largest 'roid users to grace the game in the late 20th/early 21st century. It did revitalize baseball tho.

I gotta say, I don't really understand the attraction to basketball. It's a fun sport to play but I can't watch it for the life of me. My girlfriend is all into it and I try but I can't! Maybe because there is too much running, like soccer (football).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back