Reaction score
Hi I have noticed that the bung/end of the spray bar has fallen of in my
Malawi 270lts tank so it's not working as a spray bar just shouting the water
Out of the end.

I was wondering what would be Recommended to use to fill the hole so
It becomes a spray bar again or should I just remove the bar and leave it of
Are they any Benefits of a spray bar ?

Thanks

I use a spray bar on my tank and I think it helps a lot with airation in the tank I can see the bubbles created being pushed all around the tank.

plus it breaks up the water surface so you won't get any build up/film on the top of your water

If you can't use the cap for your bar again how about gently melting the end so it seals off.

Temp fix until you get a replacement

I could do, but I'm looking for a permanent fix so I don't have to buy one
Would melting it look a mess

I the bit is in the tank some where, but I would have to strip it down to find it
And as its a cichlid tank is full of stone lol big job to do that....

Piece of cork shaped to suit the hole then pushed into it firmly maybe.Then trim it off flush with the end of the spray bar.

Piece of cork shaped to suit the hole then pushed into it firmly maybe.Then trim it off flush with the end of the spray bar.
Good idea I can drink the wine as well ?
Or would it need to be clean could get one from homebrew shop

Spurry I have used super glue (gel type) to glue on Anubias plants to my rocks and driftwood,the cork if you was to go that way,maybe bottle shop for a new one,just to be safe I would say,others may be more knowledgable than me on that though.The idea of enjoying a wine while watching the fish sounds good though.

Superglue is totally safe as long as its fully cured before putting back in the water.
thanks guys even if i find the missing bit it would need glue to fix it so thats good to no

where do you get the gel superglue from?

The seal between the plastic and silicone may not be enough to hold back the pressure over time. If you want to try you can use any silicone sealant as long as it has no anti-bacterial/anti-mould/anti-mildew additives (it will state on the packaging if it does), a caulk cartridge will set you back about £6.....more than enough :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back