Spray Bar and Bamboo Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello, I am getting a spay bar for my filter as i think @Colin_T Suggested, and it will be good for my suffering duckweed. also will this have impact on bamboo shrimp? have not got them yet, am planning to..

I wouldn't think so? Always had a spray bar for the full time my vampire shrimp's been in the tank so I can't really take a guess there, but I've not noticed any change in behaviour with any of my species since I got the spray bar. Unless there's something big that I'm missing about shrimp in particular lol

I wouldn't think so? Always had a spray bar for the full time my vampire shrimp's been in the tank so I can't really take a guess there, but I've not noticed any change in behaviour with any of my species since I got the spray bar. Unless there's something big that I'm missing about shrimp in particular lol
hmm, i thought they ate from the high flow so i dont know..

also can i put spray bar under water?
IMG_20210228_184100.jpg
Yep! My spray bar stays underwater most of the time, but on occasion I'll tilt it or wait a while to replace water during a change so that I can agitate the surface for about an hour.

ok! i have an air pump soo....
If the spray bar creates enough turbulence, water will circulate, creating a flow. If it doesn't, add something to create the gentle circulation (cheap powerhead) when you add bamboo shrimp. Be mindful that the tank should be very established before introducing bamboo shrimp.

If the spray bar creates enough turbulence, water will circulate, creating a flow. If it doesn't, add something to create the gentle circulation (cheap powerhead) when you add bamboo shrimp. Be mindful that the tank should be very established before introducing bamboo shrimp.
it is very established, i was busy and cuoldnt do water change for 2 weeks and water is very pure.

You'll want to stay on top of waterchanges. Swings in parameters will kill shrimp
when i waterchange, it never swings though. since i have a 75gallon i should do many small changes not 1 big cHange right?

when i waterchange, it never swings though. since i have a 75gallon i should do many small changes not 1 big cHange right?
You missed my point. If you don't do water changes regularly, the water chemistry strays from your watersource. When you then do a waterchange, you'll shock the shrimp to death. 50-75% WEEKLY in an established tank is recommended. 30%, DAILY in a fry tank.

You missed my point. If you don't do water changes regularly, the water chemistry strays from your watersource. When you then do a waterchange, you'll shock the shrimp to death. 50-75% WEEKLY in an established tank is recommended. 30%, DAILY in a fry tank.
ohh i understand

View attachment 130100Yep! My spray bar stays underwater most of the time, but on occasion I'll tilt it or wait a while to replace water during a change so that I can agitate the surface for about an hour.
Just a quick heads up for anyone who does this, make sure the output is above the water level before you turn the filter off, otherwise the water will be sucked back through the spraybar, spilling all over your floor.

I did this when taking my canister filter apart for cleaning when it was quite new, and took me a minute to figure out where the water was coming from! I'm a bit more careful to keep it just above the waterline now, for increased surface disturbance, and protection for my carpets!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back