Spotted Sailfin Pleco.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquaBaz

Reaction score
Hi there, I was hoping for some help in deciding on what to do with a little (ahem) problem I have...

I have a 13in long leopard sailfin pleco who has virtually outgrown his tank, he's comfy but I would rather he be in a tank where he's more than comfy! I am hoping to sell him to someone who has an oscar/cichlid tank large enough for him but I have no idea how much he is worth. As I said, he's 13in long and his fins are in perfect condition, he is very happy and has no problem with other fish, hand feeding (for treats only) and loves to come to the front of the tank to say hello!

So how much should I be asking for him? I reckon I would have to rehome him within the next 6 months so I want to try and rehome him sooner rather than later.

Many thanks!

TBH it's worth nothing, these are ten a penny and can be gotten from anywheres. It would be best to offer free to good home and you MAY have luck re-homing. Most people just cant house these fish comfortably and for that reason alone there is often no interest in the larger ones.

that's a real shame, he really is a magnificent creature! I really am toying with the idea of grabbing a much a larger tank just to house this guy. I've become quite attached and don't want to let him go lol

Specially when he comes up to the top to say hello!! Unless I find a really good home for him I can't bring myself to let him go!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back