Spots On My Plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Looks like nutrient deficiency, do you dose anything?

I put florshish tablet in there and I just went to petsmart and bought some plant food?? What else do i need??

The plant in pic 4 isn't aquatic. The anubias seem to have algae on the leaves. How long is your photoperiod?

I took them about 3 days ago....Are u referring to the sunflower I know thats not aquatic..The food is aquarium plant food that I got from petsmart...

I took them about 3 days ago....Are u referring to the sunflower I know thats not aquatic..

No. The 4th pic.
This one.

IMAG0310.jpg

A co2 reactor would help. I have a 46 gal tank with a 20 gallon co2 reactor and my plants love it. Just a thought, There about $30 but worth it. You can get it at petsmart.

A co2 reactor would help. I have a 46 gal tank with a 20 gallon co2 reactor and my plants love it. Just a thought, There about $30 but worth it. You can get it at petsmart.

Thanks I will look into it.....Thanks!

I took them about 3 days ago....Are u referring to the sunflower I know thats not aquatic..

No. The 4th pic.
This one.

IMAG0310.jpg

I bought this one form petsmart from an aquarium and I have had this one for about 6 months and it does perfect I was talking about the one in the corner on my tank. If its not a plant for the aquarium then what kind of plant is it???

co2 reactors are a pain in the #17#####.... i have banana plants too and i just use aquarium pharmaciuticals (API) fertilizer. spots arent a big deal

I bought this one form petsmart from an aquarium and I have had this one for about 6 months and it does perfect I was talking about the one in the corner on my tank. If its not a plant for the aquarium then what kind of plant is it???

The large one behind the wood, with white colouration in it's leaves. When folks find out they generally put them in pots on the window sill.

Btw, if someone doesn't know what they are doing with CO2, then you can exacerbate the problems.

CO2 reactor, as in one that sits outside the aquarium? Wayyyyy over the top for a tank of this size.

Most of the plants are losing their colour which points towards lack of nutrients. Although it could be an early sign that they are lacking CO2. Plants that lack CO2 will begin to disintergrate.
Plant Deficiencies
Algae guide
Back to basics
Nutrients that plants need most - NPK. Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium.
Other nutrients needed in trace element concentrations, Boron, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganes,e Molybdenum, Sulphur, Zinc. You'll find most of these in common plant ferts. In soft water areas you may need more calcium and magnesium.

Thanks I will look into it.....Thanks!

No. The 4th pic.
This one.

IMAG0310.jpg

I bought the same plant from Petco. It is NOT aquatic and will eventually rot in your tank. Mine is now planted and sitting on my windowsill.

Are u serious then why would they put it in the tank at petsmart and sell it as an aquatic plant?? Did u just put dirt in it and that was it .......

There are a few varieties of plants that are sold as aquatic but really aren't. And yes, I potted it like a regular plant.

091ab186.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back