Spider eating large dragonfly!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Seriously, when are the mods going to give me a thong emoji?

or a can of bug spray emoji
In North America, Colin, a thong is a piece of skimpy underwear that disappears between... umm, no one is going to give you one. We might end up seeing you wearing it.

A flip flop emoji would be family friendly!

In North America, Colin, a thong is a piece of skimpy underwear that disappears between... umm, no one is going to give you one. We might end up seeing you wearing it.

Thong=flip flop in Australia 🤣
Or maybe you were just joking but in case not that's the explanation

He was clearly saying that what a thing in America is. It was a joke
I figured. Wasn't sure so just gave an explanation to others as well that are on this thread 😅

AHHHHHH. THE.AUTOMATIC.INVOLUNTARY.MENTAL.IMAGES.

I'll be sending you my emergency therapy bills.

what have you got against an old hairy werewolf wearing a thong under my cut off short shorts with dangly bits :werewolf:

They left out the page at the end where the Old Lady swallowed the cow. She then choked to death and died.
THE END​

That video's not the version I knew as a child, it's a sanitised version so as not to scare the children.

This is the version I know -

The last verse, after swallowing the cow, is
"I know an old lady who swallowed a horse.
She's dead, of course"

And the fly verse, and the end of every other verse is
"I know an old lady who swallowed a fly.
I don't know why she swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll die"

That 'old lady who swallowed a fly' is an important bit of wisdom.

How many times have you read people here who got loaches for snails, or Loracarids for algae, not because they wanted them but because they thought a problem would be solved by them? Then they discover the pleco gets too big, or the loaches are miserable alone, or the fish they bought to eat the overpopulation of guppy fry eats guppies, or, or, or....

Not to mention the big picture of introducing non native species for various ideas and having them run wild and need controls, that need controls, etc.

I hadn't been on forums long before that poem my grandmother used to think was so funny started popping into my head all the time.

The last verse, after swallowing the cow, is
"I know an old lady who swallowed a horse.
She's dead, of course"
That's the real version. It was even on the Muppet show in the 70s so it has to be the original :)

For all you young uns that don't know the Muppets, go watch them on YouTube. They even have an updated version that was on a couple of years ago. It had Chip the IT guy who was too freaky. You can also watch Fraggle Rock.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back