Sphagnum Moss

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried growing sphagnum moss underwater. I was in the reptile section of my lfs and I found a box of sphagnum moss so i bought it to see what I could do with it. Has anyone ever tried doing this?

I was looking into moss before for one of my tanks and im pretty sure sphagnum moss doesnt do that well underwater and can only be submersed for short periods. It may alter your water chemistry also.

I was looking into moss before for one of my tanks and im pretty sure sphagnum moss doesnt do that well underwater and can only be submersed for short periods. It may alter your water chemistry also.
Yeah i was thinking a better idea of what to do with this moss is just to plant it in plant pots around my house. Or try submerse it for a while in my spare tank and see how it does.

Yeah i was thinking a better idea of what to do with this moss is just to plant it in plant pots around my house. Or try submerse it for a while in my spare tank and see how it does.
Yeah, wise to do that before placing it in your main tank :good:

It wont grow submersed. But it will turn your water brownish and leach tannins into your water lowering your PH. Most people use it in their filters to naturally lower PH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back