spawning problem with yellow labs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sofro friend

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had a male 6-7 cm yellow lab who were separated, and a female 10-11 cm yellow lab.
Recently my female had a mouth full of something. Could it had been eggs? There were holes in the separator, could they have spawned through it?
I already had these issue once.
EDIT: The female no longer had these kind of mouth.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone,
I had a male 6-7 cm yellow lab who were separated, and a female 10-11 cm yellow lab.
Recently my female had a mouth full of something. Could it had been eggs? There were holes in the separator, could they have spawned through it?
I already had these issue once.
EDIT: The female no longer had these kind of mouth.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Its not unheard of for them to hold unfertilized eggs. She probably spit them out/ate them once she realized they wrrrnt fertilized.

My females will hold eggs even if they didn't spawn with a male. They usually spit them out after a week if they are not fertile.

To get them to spawn, simple put them together in a good sized tank and do your water changes. My Africans often spawn after a water change. The problem you might have is that the male is smaller than the females, so the male might be too afraid to try spawning. If he is chasing the female and it's not the other way around then you should be good.

The male is smaller than the female. So do I have to wait until the male outgrows the female?
Thanks.

In my experience, probably. If you really want to breed them then you should get more females as the one female will be picked on my the male and possibly killed. I've seen it happen.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back