Spare tank crying for a betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys, as I’m a university student I have to have two tanks as I have to move my fish once a year for a 2 hour drive. I have a spare 25 gallon sitting there fully cycled with nothing in it but a couple nerite snails and a few shrimp. I was considering moving my albino Bristlenose pleco from the 20 to the 25 until October so it’s got loads and loads of space for itself but scared of it getting lonely/ having to move it. I’d love a betta but feel it would be near impossible to move it so I rly don’t knkw what to do with it, any recommendations help

Is the 25g tank 2 hours away? I slightly confused as to what your question is...

Is the 25g tank 2 hours away? I slightly confused as to what your question is...
Sorry I get why confusing basically I’m asking do I move my pleco for example into this tank by himself as slightly larger or do I keep him in the community tank where he’s settled etc

Sorry I get why confusing basically I’m asking do I move my pleco for example into this tank by himself as slightly larger or do I keep him in the community tank where he’s settled etc
Is the 20g tank a 20g long, or a 20g high tank?

Ok, good.

I would personally leave him in the 20g. He is already settled in there and it would be stressful to move him from tank to tank.

You also had a question about a betta...?

Ok, good.

I would personally leave him in the 20g. He is already settled in there and it would be stressful to move him from tank to tank.

You also had a question about a betta...?
They’re such an abused fish and I’d love to home him in the 25 gallon where he’d have loads of space large leaved plants etc. The problem is I wouldn’t be able to take 2 tanks with me so I don’t knkw if anyone had any ideas how I could get around this, eg. If letting family member look after is a good idea etc etc

They’re such an abused fish and I’d love to home him in the 25 gallon where he’d have loads of space large leaved plants etc. The problem is I wouldn’t be able to take 2 tanks with me so I don’t knkw if anyone had any ideas how I could get around this, eg. If letting family member look after is a good idea etc etc
Is there a limit to how many gallons of tank water you can keep in your dorm?

Do you have a family member you would trust with it long term?

I’ve got my own house so no but I can’t take two tanks safely in car if you understand?
Yes, I can understand. I would still keep the place in the 20g tank, just because it is already settled in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back