Space Travel

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi,
I'm back now we all agree that the earth is a ball, we need to look at the universe and where we belong in it.
Originally the theory was that the universe was a drainpipe, there was a Dude at one end hitting planets into the universe and eventually they all fell out the bottom. The stars were the scuff marks where he didn't hit one straight. Some Astro physicist somewhere came up with the theory. He was part of a collective called the Universal collective ( They all hang out at Universities, and have letters after their names so they can be identified by other members of the collective), anyhow the theory had to go up for a "peer review" this is where everyone in the collective reads the theory then changes bits, so it fits their own theories. The Humantirians said that will never do as the people will want to know where the end of the pipe is. The lawyers said "No" as how will we ever know how long to make a case last. etc. etc.
Anyhow the collective had a party, the chemists brought along some Helium balloons, everyone was having a wonderful time. What about this drainpipe theory it will never stick? So, one member looked up after several glasses, noticed the helium balloons floating around the chandelier, and said " By golly gosh of got it". we will make up a new theory, we will have the planets going around the sun. Well, the engineers didn't like that how do explain why the people can't feel they are going around a corner. Now we are going to have to explain the Grand Canyon said the geologists (that was always explained as where the bat hit the planet on the launch day). Anyhow they got together with the Arts department and linguistics and designed a few stories around floods etc. We will call this new theory " The Solar system", we are just floating around in the middle of nowhere forever, but it's much better than being in a drainpipe. Everyone got onboard in the Universal Collective, they went out and published books about it, and the whole of society is really happy.

Last edited:
Talking extraterrestrial life. Why do we send space probes away from the sun. The most likely place in the universe that another life form will be is on our sister planet. In the exact same orbit as us on the other side of the sun. It will be the same distance from the sun and have the same gravitation forces, it is there that we will find another race we can talk to. We will never find anything in another galaxy that we can chat with.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the most likely place to find extraterrestrial life is the moon called Europa. The outside is ice, but the inside is saltwater.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the most likely place to find extraterrestrial life is the moon called Europa. The outside is ice, but the inside is saltwater.
I've tried to imagine what such life might look like: Creatures that live in darkness, in an ecosystem fueled not by sunlight but by geothermal energy, where it gets warmer and more hospitable to life the further down you go and colder closer to the surface, just the opposite of earth's oceans. I suppose it could be somewhat similar to the geothermal vents in earth's oceans...except most of the organisms there probably originated up in the sunshine.

Life in such a place would be a great premise for a science fiction novel.

I've tried to imagine what such life might look like: Creatures that live in darkness, in an ecosystem fueled not by sunlight but by geothermal energy, where it gets warmer and more hospitable to life the further down you go and colder closer to the surface, just the opposite of earth's oceans. I suppose it could be somewhat similar to the geothermal vents in earth's oceans...except most of the organisms there probably originated up in the sunshine.

Life in such a place would be a great premise for a science fiction novel.

Of course, like most sci-fi aliens, they'd have to speak perfect English.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back