South American Community Advice Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hey kopDS,

I was considering using them after popping in there and seeing their set-up, but they've not replied to any of my e mails for weeks and weeks.
Perhaps I'll give them a call and see if they're having IT problems.
Really put me off as if they're not prepared to respond now, why would they after taking my money!

Thanks for the reply, good to have advice from someone close-by.

If you are discouraged by a LFS not giving you good feedback, you are going to be greatly disappointed in this hobby. As a general rule of thumb, trust NOTHING that you hear at the LFS. Research it on your own, independent of the LFS. There are great LFS in terms of the stock that you can get, but that doesn't mean that the staff can give you much really good insight into your particular situation.

My favorite spot to buy from is about a 2 hour drive from me. They have a huge selection, tons of plants, shrimp, fish, fresh and salt water... everything! And the stock is quite healthy, whether flora or fauna. But, I've overheard far too many of their workers talking to people about their set-ups... :crazy: Some of the things that they say...

If you are discouraged by a LFS not giving you good feedback, you are going to be greatly disappointed in this hobby. As a general rule of thumb, trust NOTHING that you hear at the LFS. Research it on your own, independent of the LFS. There are great LFS in terms of the stock that you can get, but that doesn't mean that the staff can give you much really good insight into your particular situation.

My favorite spot to buy from is about a 2 hour drive from me. They have a huge selection, tons of plants, shrimp, fish, fresh and salt water... everything! And the stock is quite healthy, whether flora or fauna. But, I've overheard far too many of their workers talking to people about their set-ups... :crazy: Some of the things that they say...
Hey Eagles,

Thanks for the reply. Thing is, I wasn't really looking for advice so much, as I'm doing all my research online. It was more in regards to their stock and where they import from. They've given good advice that's backed up the things I've found out myself, I just would expect people to e-mail back rather then expect me to have to actually go there to find out queries!

Hey Eagles,

Thanks for the reply. Thing is, I wasn't really looking for advice so much, as I'm doing all my research online. It was more in regards to their stock and where they import from. They've given good advice that's backed up the things I've found out myself, I just would expect people to e-mail back rather then expect me to have to actually go there to find out queries!

I get that. But, depending on how their shop works, and how many employees they have, email may not be very convenient for them at all. More than likely, they are understaffed and over worked.

I get that. But, depending on how their shop works, and how many employees they have, email may not be very convenient for them at all. More than likely, they are understaffed and over worked.

Sure, I appreciate they might not be able to e mail back immediately and I wouldn't expect that, but over 2 weeks is not acceptable in my book. Especially when the website has the e mail address and asks people to email in if they have a query.
Maybe my expectations are too high based on other experiences in the same field and the way I run my business.

Fair enough.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back