Sourdough culture and baking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Oblio

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Anyone here make your own sourdough, or other bread for that matter?

We got a Pizza maker for Christmas and this has rekindled my interest in culturing a Sourdough Starter. I had good success a few years back, but work and life intervened. Now with 24/7 working from home, I've just started a new Starter from scratch.

We got a Pizza maker for Christmas and this has rekindled my interest in culturing a Sourdough Starter. I had good success a few years back, but work and life intervened. Now with 24/7 working from home, I've just started a new Starter from scratch.
that's epic idk what a pizza maker is but we made pizza in the oven with some dough ill try to pull up the recipe im not too sure about it

I made sourdough once. It failed.
We used to have a bread maker and make our own gluten free bread, but no longer haha. Good luck!

my sister tried to make sourdough many times. a moth kept up ending up in it :)

that's epic idk what a pizza maker is but we made pizza in the oven with some dough ill try to pull up the recipe im not too sure about it

This is what we got, works pretty good. Did a quick yeast dough, made another batch but letting it rest for a day or two to improve the flavor.

image.jpg

Sourdough starter in work, craft beer (foreground), tank in blue (background)

I'm a Bread baker by trade and spent 25 years running Bread bakeries.
Only use sour dough if you are going to make bread every day, if you are not going to do that, forget it.
Simple Bread dough recipe that you can use for everything white

Flour 500 grams
Salt 10 grams
Dried Yeast 60grams (Look at the packet try and buy the one that has enzymes in it )
Soya Flour 30grams
Water 260mils ( approx ) Cold or luke warm water is fine for this.

Mix ingredients in a standard bench to mixer for ten minutes, speed 1 with a dough hook.
Alllow dough to stand for 1 hour.
Divide and shape into what you want
allow to stand 45 minutes.
Bake.
20210823_133537.jpg

Show me! I'm curious
Use your imagination, most of them were R rated, this is a family friendly forum site. Most of what you can imagine we would have made. We had a very feisty hairdresser down the road who loved her gingerbread people, we made special orders just for her.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back