Source Of Bacteria, Can It Come From A Bottle?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

westside

Reaction score
I dont have anyone I know with a tank to get gravel/filter media from.
I do have a couple of like plants, but the cycle doc says potted, These were from the LFS in a tank no pot, they do have roots that were in the gravel, is this what was meant?
Of course i already have a snail problem, paid attention this time LFS keeps their snails in the tank with their plants.

Anyways I was looking on the way out and saw this Cycle® Biological Aquarium Supplement, claims to help with initial setup and after water changes and sick fish...
Says to add weekly though, if it actual releases live bacteria shouldnt you only have to do it once?

anyways claims to have nitrosomonas and nitrobacter.

would this be sufficient to seed into the tank to get it to cycle?

I apologize for asking such stupid questions, no one i know does fish and of course the manufacturers website only tells you how great the stuff is and my lfs seems to be on the lower educated in fish raising scale of things.

Thanks!

there are tons of threads about this, if you search.

I don't think that stuff works at all.

It's a lot better if you can get a piece of filter media or gravel from an established tank.

The only product I'm aware of that works os Bio Spira and it is only available in the US (I think Bactinets (sp) is available in the UK and is supposed to work). If you update your profile and put your location (even if it just has the country) people will be better able to tailor their answers. Also you will need to validate your membership in order to be able to post in the other section (other than Newbie and Beginners). Go to the email you received when you registered and click the link.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back