sorry about my last rabbit post

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SneakBetta

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Here is more info about my sprained legged rabbit-
He's 7 years old, a mini-rex, and weighs 6 pounds.
He is litter box trained, so he will only go to the bathroom in his litter box. Right now he is sleeping in a laundry basket with towels in it. He is in my room since he's my rabbit. We have to force him to drink, but he'll eat. For some reason he won't eat his rabbit pellets. He has gone pee while in the laundry basket, but he won't go poop. We've given him cat-lax, tried holding him up in his litter box and putting him in the grass outside. Since he can't stand up without falling over right away, he either has to lye down or we have to hold him to make him stand. Anything we try, he won't turd. We don't want him to have digestive problems, so do any of you rabbit peeps (or other peeps) know a good way to get him to go poop??

Ashley

Please help, he's very special to me.

I have a question for you, How did you trained your rabbit to use the literbox? That is so cool. I didn't know it is possible to do that but then again, I guess it is! :D

We put it in his cage corner and everything that fell out we scooped up and put in his litter box. Then he just got the picture that he has to go in his litter box.

that's how we litter box trained our hunny bunny too :nod:

Sorry about your rabbit, the cat laxative is a good idea....maybe some epsom salt in his water bottle might do the trick :/ ,I'll check on a bunny forum I've been to a few times and see if I can find any info

try some leafy green veggies, do you give him hairball medicine regularly? It could be something like that, bun's don't deal with hairballs well at all because they can't throw up like a cat can

I hope he gets better fast! :thumbs:

The only thing we've been able to feed him for the past week (since he got hurt) was green leafy stuff and carrots. He won't eat his regular rabbit pellot food. He is also eating Timothy Hay!!

thanks for the sugestion!!!!! ;)

First off.

Rabbit digestive systems are very, very, very sensitive. Get him on quality feed (Mannapro), and supply him with alfalfa hay.

Lettuce = bad. No Lettuce.

Secondly.

Take the animal to a vet already.

He has been to the vet. Now he either has an ear infection or a disease older rabbits get. If he doesn't get better soon, he has the disease and has to get put to sleep/

Gee, maybe try feeding him peas like for fish? I know nothing about rabbits, just a guess. Or maybe you could try putting the contents of a human fiber-cap in his food? Is seven old for a rabbit? Maybe his digestive system just doesn't work too well anymore... Sorry to hear about the ear thing... :-(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back