Soooooooo Angry!

BettaBum873

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Why do I have to have the most incompitant post office in the entire world!! I sent out a package of fish on monday 2-3 day priority (it says at the post office gauanteed 2-3 days) well the package still hasn't arrived at its destination. So I call the post office this morning and they say Its NOT gauranteed AT ALL, and that the package should get to her by monday!!! MONDAY! Last Time I checked 2-3 days and 7 days were a bit different!! I could understand a hold up and maybe one extra day, but 4 extra!! I'm so extremely mad right now!!!! Meanwhile the package says on it live tropical fish, perishable, fragile! Ugh :twisted: :twisted:

I don't know why you would send it by any means other than next working day....

edit: I see you are in the states, so not sure of postal services - do they not have next day?

I don't know why you would send it by any means other than next working day....

edit: I see you are in the states, so not sure of postal services - do they not have next day?

I think this one of the beauties of the mainland UK.
Because we are so much smaller, Next day del is easy.
I think it's probably not as guarenteable in the USA. But not impossible of course.

I know how frustrating that would be. . but only Express is guaranteed next day.

I guess is just another learned lesson.

As a comparison, How much on average is next day del in the USA?

A rough guide here in the UK is about £7 by a courier. Can be more or less of course.

i think we also need to make it comparable too.

how much would next day delivery from one end of texas to another end of texas be?

got to remember, that the length and width of just texas is like the size of the UK. next day delivery in the UK can be done by train post.

next day from LA to NY would require a few hours worth of air travel, not the 45 minutes from Aberdeen to London.

I use US Priority mail all the time; I've never mailed fish though. But Priority mail usually takes 1-4 days and it has never-ever been a guaranteed delivery. The slowest Priority mail has been for me is 7 days too, but that has happened only once in about 8 years of using their service.

Sorry your fish package is taking so long. However from my experience, US postal service is the best. UPS is extremely slow and has destroyed too many packages in the past -- I will never use them ever again.

BettaBum, why couldn't the person receiving the fish pay the next day cost instead??

Ya next day delivery is really expensive, especially if you aren't far close. Especially when the weight of the package is more than a few ounces it starts getting into the 20's and 30's of dollars, not including packaging supplies.

plenty of fish are shipped priority all of the time and arrive safe and sound. I've recieved 4 shipments of fish all shipped priority all alive and healthy. Packages can get lost or misplaced or delayed during next day delivery too.

that is a very good point bettabum873 - no matter what service you take, it can happen.

Priority is a gamble, always. But (touch wood) in my experience they always come through. You can spend the extra 30 cents for tracking so you can at least find out where they are throughout their trip.

If they're bettas, they'll be fine without a doubt, assuming they were packaged properly.

Most reactions

trending

Back