Sooooo....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Binge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I got all of my Mbuna bagged for the trip to the store and was greeted with tears and sadness by my wife(even though she had agreed) and mother in law as they love the metacromas and the cichlids in general. So apparently I am not getting out of cichlids. I do however need to make the tank more balanced so heres the plan. I am going to remove all but 3 of the yellow labs. I will keep the smallest male and 2 of my females. The others (including 3x 4.5 inch males) will be going to the store as credit towards a new filter for the tank (as one of the ciclids went sand crazy and now my impellar is grinding like hell even with a cleaning)

So the 55 gallonm tank will contain
1 male yellow
2 female yellow
2 metacroma (not sure on sex)
2 female succofli

Im am also going to change how my decor is set up I did have a massive wall of caves that went across the back and sides of the tank but left loads of open space to swim in the fron and upper part of the tank. I feel all this open space is part of what triggered the aggression (The yellows could pack up and swarm any of the other fish).

So my new plan is to realy design the layout to have almost cells of space that can be claimed I will use the caves to break the tank up into 3 sections long ways and then try to have tiers above this. I am also going to have the tank split by a piece of driftwood that will span the whole tank from top back corner to the farther front bottom corner.

I intend to add a male succofli first to finish that trio. After that I willl try to add a couple more spieces in trios till I am back around 15 fish. I would like to make a trio of the metacroma but cant find any more in the pet stores so I will hafto keep looking.

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Most reactions

trending

Back