Sometimes Google is Great

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I have a Ford Ranger the other day the engine warning light came on. I thought oh ****. Goggled reasons why it would come on, one of the reasons was loose diesel fill cap. I had a look sure enough I hadn't put the cap on properly after my last fill. Tightened the cap and the light went out. I wonder if I had taken the vehicle to a garage what they would have come up with. I love Google sometimes.

Aye but they are also buggers. Every time I do a search for something they produce ads that they slip onto other sites such as MSN news full of similar content. It gets overwhelming at times, especially if I already bought the thing I searched for. I know, so what?

I watch TV with Google open, I find out actors names, what else they’ve been in, look up things that get mentioned, recently I learnt how to change a fluorescent lighting tube and starter motor……I sometimes wonder how we ever managed before the internet and Google.

Google is fine.....but as with every search engine, an advert blocking doo-dah is absolutely essential for you to keep your sanity intact ;)

I'd rather use DuckDuckGo as my search engine...for personal reasons...but YouTube is king for DIYers....for all sorts of projects

I rented a car about three years ago, went to top up the gas and couldn't find how to open the gas cap. I was sitting in the gas station googling the car model looking for how to open the gas cap. Found out that you just push on the cover and it pops only. Felt better knowing from the entries in Google that I wasn't the only one that had that issue with the car.

I also use ALEXA to answer many of my questions. No need to type in a question. Also use it for timers, alarm clock, music, news, weather, turn on lights, etc etc etc. I have 5 Alexas all over the house.

Last edited:
I also use ALEXA to answer many of my questions. No need to type in a question. Also use it for timers, alarm clock, music, news, weather, turn on lights, etc etc etc.
No fear of "Big Brother" watching?......:unsure:

And I'm not talking about the TV program...

it lights up when recording and only responds when it hears the wake word

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back